Healthcare Assistant (HCA)
Ilford, Greater London, England
We are one of the leading Healthcare Recruitment organisations, we supply Healthcare Assistant (HCA) to wide range of clients. HCAs will work in care home, nursing home, hospitals and community settings. As a HCA, you will work with the qualified healthcare professionals (e.g. senior carer, nurse and doctors).
The work role includes:
• washing and dressing patients, toileting, making beds, providing individual patient care,
• serving meals and helping to feed elderly patients,
• helping people to move around,
• talking to patients and making them comfortable,
• monitoring patients' conditions (e.g. taking temperatures, weight etc.) and reporting to the senior,
• preparing the seating and dining area,
• record keeping (e.g. writing daily care plan).
Skills and personal characteristics:
To be a healthcare assistant, you will need to be:
• caring and kind,
• cheerful and friendly,
• willing to be hands-on with patients,
• willing to do personal care,
• able to follow instructions and procedures,
• able to work in a team but use your own initiative,
• good communication skills,
• observational skills,
• organisational skills.
There are no set entry requirements to become a healthcare assistant. We expect your good literacy and numeracy ability.
Training and Development:
Your training as a healthcare assistant will include basic nursing skills and you will work towards the Care Certificate.
You may also get the chance to study:
Level 2 in Health and Social Care qualifications,
Level 3 in Health and Social Care qualifications.
- Full time, Part time
- Job Level
- Newly qualified, Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 12 Jan 2017
Closes 12 Feb 2017
This job was posted to: Healthcare assistant