Technologist - Simulation
We are working in partnership with the Sidra Medical and Research Center. Our client is an ultramodern, all-digital academic medical centre specialising in the provision of care for women and children. Based in Qatar, our client will focus on world-class patient care, medical education and biomedical research.
We are recruiting for a Technologist to work within the Simulation Department.
The Simulation Technologist serves as a technical expert who is able to set up, operate, maintain, troubleshoot, and in some cases repair simulation equipment, hospital-type equipment used in simulation activities, and AV/IT equipment used in simulation activities. The Simulation Technologists also instructs and assists simulation educators/faculty and learners in the use of technical equipment used in simulation. In addition assists in operational activities such as staff and maintenance scheduling, and inventory/purchasing functions. The Simulation Technologist is familiar with the various modalities of simulation education and has a good grasp of simulation educational principles; thus is able to assist in the development, setup, and delivery, and takedown of simulation education sessions. Will also assist in project planning, staff on boarding, and commissioning activities as required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assists instructors in selecting appropriate modality of simulation to meet learning objectives and which is appropriate to selected learners - manikin, part task trainer, SP, etc.
- Advises instructors during the design and running of scenarios.
- Assists with other staff from the simulation team to develop training programs and clinical scenarios. Involved with scenario planning and design and can give advice on the integrity of the scenario by contributing to testing.
- Maintains stock levels to meet maintenance needs.
- Monitors stocks and disposables including parts and plant, appropriate to the workload.
- Makes recommendations for the purchase of equipment, supplies, and materials required for simulation-based sessions.
- Maintains systems, staff availability and scheduling, and equipment to a high standard.
- Ensures compliance with the legal and regulatory requirements in Qatar, health and safety regulations/guidelines, and the Society for Simulation in Healthcare (SSH) and other simulation center accreditation requirements.
- Sets up and uses functionality of equipment as appropriate for the requirements of each simulation activity and overall activities of the center.
- Maintains storage areas to a high standard; selects appropriate storage areas for equipment.
- Maintains the clinical and educational equipment to a high standard including cleaning and basic maintenance.
- Attends vendor training sessions, conferences, etc. for training on simulation, hospital, and AV/IT equipment.
- Operates and is able to troubleshoot hospital equipment used in the simulation/in situ environment (beds, pumps, ventilators, etc.).
- Controls, programs, maintains, and troubleshoots patient simulators (voice and physiological
- parameters) during scenario-based training sessions, open days, and demonstrations.
- Demonstrates the operation of the equipment to educators and teaches other users.
- Has an implicit knowledge of LMS and AV systems and can assist and advise clinical educators to maximize use.
- Oversees installation, installs, tests, and operates IT and AV equipment and software or delegates to appropriate technologists.
- Operates AV/LMS systems in context of overall simulation infrastructure.
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant technical or clinical field
- 2+ years' experience as a technician-technologist in a simulation center, hospital, or related technical environment
- Demonstrated ability to install, operate, maintain, and troubleshoot simulation, hospital, and IT/AV equipment and software used in a clinical education environment
Qualifications/ Specialisation - as per the client's requirements.
A full job description available upon request.
Benefits- Highly competitive package including a Tax free salary + benefits. Full details of the package will be discussed directly.
Please note the targeted start date for the position is dependent on the current timeline for the project. Likewise, the processing of licensing (if applicable)/ visas etc. also need to be considered. We will advise candidates specifically when we discuss the opportunity.
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 12 Jan 2017
Closes 9 Feb 2017
This job was posted to: Health care administration