Manager Interventional Radiology
We are working in partnership with the Sidra Medical and Research Center. Our client is an ultramodern, all-digital academic medical centre specialising in the provision of care for women and children. Based in Qatar, our client will focus on world-class patient care, medical education and biomedical research.
We are recruiting for a Manager - Interventional Radiology (IR).
The Manager - Interventional Radiology under the direction of the Director of Medical Imaging manages the operational activities pertaining to the Interventional services to ensure delivery of a high quality Diagnostic Imaging service. The Manager is responsible for the management of Technologists and multidisciplinary staff within the service area to ensure the continuity of service delivery. The IR Imaging service provides inpatient and outpatient interventional procedures on patients on a referral basis and for medical research. Through the production of high quality images, the Manager is responsible for ensuring that a high standard of service is continually provided to all patients, their families and other hospital staff as prescribed in the patient care and facility standards set down.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the delivery of the Interventional Radiology service; scheduling of resources and services, supervision, delegation and management of IR service resources to ensure an efficient flow and optimal utilization of equipment and personnel
- Provides modality expertise in the planning for all new facilities, recommending facilities, equipment and personnel needs in reference to the Interventional Imaging service as required
- Manages the quality of service provided by the IR patient care team within the Diagnostic imaging services. Ensures that systems and standards that promote patient safety and safe practices for
- delivering patient care for the modality are adhered to as directed
- Provides modality expertise in reference to the IR service, taking the lead role in the maintenance and development of the Interventional Radiology service
- Acts independently in the assessment of referrals for interventional Imaging examinations, taking full responsibility to ensure evidence-based standards of practice of IR are applied to the examination. Utilizes skills to assess a patient's condition, often acute, and decides on an appropriate method to obtain a diagnostic image from a range of options. Performs all IR procedures, responsibilities and provides patient care to patients of all ages as required
- Ensures the safe and efficient use of the IR equipment, taking action to resolve faults/issues and advising the Director of Medical Imaging. Reports on IR services performance in relation to established goals. Implements change to effect continual improvement in services provided, and ensures compliance with all internal and external standards as well as regulatory and legal requirements as directed
- Ensures quality improvement programs and competency assessment initiatives for the Diagnostic Imaging services are followed by the IR patient care team.
A full job description is available upon request.
- BSc in Medical Imaging or equivalent
- Education relevant to Interventional Radiology
- Experience managing and facilitating large scale projects involving the installation of Diagnostic Imaging Equipment
- Experience managing staff in a leadership role
- 5+ years of progressively more advanced technical and clinical experience in Interventional Imaging in a North American Academic Institution or equivalent in the UK, Republic of Ireland, EU States, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand.
- Combinations of education and experience will be considered.
- Eligible for registration with the ARRT/CAMRT/HPC or an equivalent licensing/accreditation board as a Radiology Technologist
- Eligible for licensure as a Radiology Technologist in the State of Qatar.
- Extensive functional knowledge and clinical experience in Radiography.
- Extensive functional knowledge and clinical experience in all interventional radiology IR techniques and procedures relating to Children and Women.
Benefits- Highly competitive package including a Tax free salary in Qatar + benefits. Full details of the package will be discussed directly.
Please note the targeted start date for the position is dependent on the current timeline for the project. Likewise, the processing of licensing (if applicable)/ visas etc. also need to be considered. We will advise candidates specifically when we discuss the opportunity.
- Full time
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Manager
Posted 12 Jan 2017
Closes 9 Feb 2017
This job was posted to: Radiography