Manager - Magnetic Resonance Imaging
We are working in partnership with the Sidra Medical and Research Center. Our client is an ultramodern, all-digital academic medical centre specialising in the provision of care for women and children. Based in Qatar, our client will focus on world-class patient care, medical education and biomedical research.
We are recruiting for a Manager - Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI).
The Manager - Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), under the direction of the Director of Medical Imaging, manages the operational activities pertaining to the MRI services to ensure delivery of a high quality Diagnostic Imaging service. The Manager - Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) is responsible for the management of Technologists within the service to ensure the continuity of service delivery. The MRI service provides inpatient and outpatient MRI and interventional MRI procedures on pediatric and adult patients on a referral basis and for medical research. Through the production of high quality images, the Manager - Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) is responsible for ensuring that a high standard of service is continually provided to all patients, their families and other hospital staff as prescribed in the patient care and facility standards set down.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the delivery of the MRI service; scheduling of resources and services, supervision, delegation and management of MRI service resources to ensure an efficient flow and optimal utilization of equipment and personnel
- Manages the quality of service provided by the MRI patient care team within the Diagnostic imaging services.
- Ensures that systems and standards that promote patient safety and safe practices for delivering patient care for the modality are adhered to as directed
- Acts independently in the assessment of referrals for MRI examinations, taking full responsibility to ensure evidence-based standards of practice of MRI imaging are applied to the examination.
- Utilizes experience and skills to assess a patient's condition, often acute, and decides on an appropriate method to obtain a diagnostic image from a range of options.
- Performs all MRI procedures, responsibilities and provides patient care to patients of all ages as required
- Ensures the safe and efficient use of the MRI equipment, taking action to resolve faults/issues and advising the Director of Medical Imaging.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures on safe use of MRI services to ensure quality of service provided.
- Develops performance reports on MRI services performance in relation to established goals.
- Implements change to effect continual improvement in services provided, and ensures compliance with all internal and external standards as well as regulatory and legal requirements as directed
- Ensures quality improvement programs and competency assessment initiatives for the Diagnostic Imaging services are followed by the MRI patient care team.
A full job description is available upon request.
- Bachelor's Degree in Medical Imaging or equivalent
- Postgraduate education relevant to MRI
- 5+ year's management experience in a clinical role in MRI imaging in a North American Academic Institution or equivalent in the UK, Republic of Ireland, EU States, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand.
- Eligible for registration with the ARRT/CAMRT/HPC or an equivalent licensing/accreditation board as an MRI technologist
- Eligible for licensure as an MRI technologist in the State of Qatar
- Delivery of departmental clinical/technical training programs
- Extensive functional knowledge and clinical experience in MRI
- Demonstrated staff and resource management skills
- Knowledge of Radiology Information Systems (RIS) and Picture Archiving Communications Systems (PACS).
- Knowledge of IV cannulation and injection techniques
- Knowledge of The Joint Commission and Joint Commission International accreditation standards and radiation safety guidelines
Benefits- Highly competitive package including a Tax free salary in Qatar + benefits. Full details of the package will be discussed directly.
Please note the targeted start date for the position is dependent on the current timeline for the project. Likewise, the processing of licensing (if applicable)/ visas etc. also need to be considered. We will advise candidates specifically when we discuss the opportunity.
- Full time
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Manager
Posted 12 Jan 2017
Closes 9 Feb 2017
This job was posted to: Radiography, Sonography