Director of Women's and Children's Nursing
We are working in partnership with the Sidra Medical and Research Center. Our client is an ultramodern, all-digital academic medical centre specialising in the provision of care for women and children. Based in Qatar, our client will focus on world-class patient care, medical education and biomedical research.
We are recruiting for a Director of Women's and Children's Nursing.
Cavendish will be hosting interview days on behalf of our client. These will be held in Europe during November. This is a fantastic opportunity to meet department heads and potential future colleagues. The view will be to formally interview, whilst being able to learn about the role, the ambitions of the organisations and how you can be a part of this. Upon enquiring, your dedicated consultant will brief you on the process, the organisation, Qatar and outline the next steps.
The Director has a pivotal role in co-ordination and management of activities and resources. The Director will work as a key member of the hospital's nursing management team and will assume 24-hour accountability for overall management and for the delivery of quality Services to achieve optimal patient outcomes. The Director is accountable to the Chief Nursing Officer for ensuring that the standards for nursing care and related services are adhered to. In collaboration with other service areas the Director ensures that recruiting, commissioning, onboarding, orientation and service activation responsibilities are carried out in accordance with the plans and timelines.
The post holder will support all activities required to achieve a patient safe opening and establish operational integrity and performance.
A full job description will be available upon request.
- Master's degree in a healthcare related field, or an MBA
- Registered Nurse
- Current nursing licensure
- At least 10 years progressive nursing management experience within children's and or/ women's services, within Academic Medical Centers, in North America, UK, Ireland, Western Europe, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand
- At least 2 years Director level experience
- Experience of handling large budgets
- Ability to lead and manage diverse teams
- Ability to assess, analyse, synthesize and act upon performance data and financial information
- Demonstrated ability to make oral and written presentations to diverse audiences
- Demonstrated ability to articulate and advocate on international best practice for Obstetric nursing standards
- Demonstrated resilience and "can-do" attitude
- Ability to cope with rapid and sustained change, competing demands and tight deadlines
- Ability to develop effective relationships with a range of stakeholders internally and externally
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Commissioning of new hospital builds to services
- Evidence of publications in the past 5 years
- Previous accreditation experience
Qualifications/ Specialisation - as per the client's requirements.
A full job description available upon request.
Benefits- Highly competitive package including a Tax free salary + benefits. Full details of the package will be discussed directly.
Please note the targeted start date for the position is dependent on the current timeline for the project. Likewise, the processing of licensing (if applicable)/ visas etc. also need to be considered. We will advise candidates specifically when we discuss the opportunity.
- Full time
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff
Posted 12 Jan 2017
Closes 9 Feb 2017
This job was posted to: Doctor