Clinical Services Manager - Pharmacy
Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
BMI Duchy Hospital in Harrogate is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Clinical Services Manager to join their team of staff in the Pharmacy department.
This is a part time role for 30 hours a week.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Degree in Pharmacy - postgraduate qualification in clinical pharmacy preferred;
* Must be registered on the General Pharmaceutical Council register;
* Knowledge of General Pharmaceutical Council Codes of Professional Conduct, Ethics and Performance and their implications for practice;
* Knowledge of the Care Standards Act and Care and Quality Commission Requirements;
* Knowledge of Quality Assurance tools;
* Oncology experience
Duties of this role include:
* To be responsible for the management and daily running of the Pharmacy Department, providing a safe and effective medicines management service to all patients, staff, consultants and customers;
* To provide clinical direction and leadership for all pharmacy staff in the hospital;
* To co-ordinate and manage the provision of pharmacy services in hospital;
* To ensure compliance with all appropriate regulatory, professional and best practice frameworks
* Daily management of the Pharmacy department, managing direct reports in line with HR Policies and Procedures, including performance management, recruitment and absence management
* To manage the delivery of care as lead on clinical safety, ensuring safe provision of staffing that meets activity by workforce planning, monthly rostering and daily review.
* To ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory and best practice frameworks
* To liaise with the clinical steering group, specialist leads (and commercial managers) as appropriate
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 40000 - 50000 Per year
- Part time
- Job Level
Posted 12 Jan 2017
Closes 9 Feb 2017
This job was posted to: Pharmacist