Consultant in Old Age Psychiatry
Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire, England
Services in Hull and East Riding are evolving, creating an exciting opportunity for ID Medical to recruit an experienced consultant specialising in old age psychiatry to fill a full time position at this NHS trust.
You will be passionate about delivering the highest quality care for patients, able to stay calm under pressure, and able to work effectively within busy and dynamic teams.
Core clinical duties include:
Providing a comprehensive mental health service for older people, their families, and carers in a defined catchment population, based on GP practices. The patient groups served include:
- People who develop a new mental illness in old age (both functional and organic illness)
- Patients with enduring mental health problems under the care of general psychiatric colleagues who develop or are assessed to have needs more appropriately provided by an old age psychiatric service, defined within the Trust's policy document
- Younger people who have developed an organic illness and are assessed to have needs more appropriately provided by an old age psychiatrist (for example cases of early onset dementia)
- Participating in continuing professional development according to Royal College of Psychiatrists guidelines.
- Completing all relevant clinical administration associated with this post
Core managerial duties include:
- Offer professional input and advice to the care group director, clinical care director and associate medical director in relation to service specific guidance, national policy and local issues.
- Fulfil the corporate responsibilities of the post, you will be expected to work at operational implementation level into the care group to:
- Contribute to implement and provide leadership of the clinical governance strategy through agreed clinical priorities.
- Handle complaints, adverse incidents relating to medical practice and be involved in the investigation.
- Ensure the appraisal process that is in place to meet the requirements of revalidation is promoted and supported within the service.
- Qualified in Psychiatry
- Full valid GMC registration
- Experience working in mental health services in the UK, especially at consultant level
- Empathy, compassion, and the ability to treat others with understanding and respect
- A holistic approach to medicine and ability to apply medical and psychiatric skills
Benefits with ID Medical:
- Opportunities with more NHS hospitals than any other agency
- Excellent salary packages available
- Free BLS & PLS course
- 24 hour support service
- Excellent relocation package available
- Discounted CPD accredited courses
- Dedicated, experienced, supportive and friendly consultants
- Excellent support to progress clinically with new interests
The ID Medical Refer & Earn scheme also allows you to earn extra money by referring friends, colleagues or family to us for a suitable medical solution.
About ID Medical
From its headquarters in Milton Keynes as well as its Central London office, award-winning ID Medical is the leading independent supplier of superior quality locum doctors, nurses, allied health professionals and primary care staff, supplying over 5 million hours to the NHS per annum. ID Medical was formed in 2002, holding preferred supplier contracts with more than 90% of NHS hospitals and private medical sector organisations. If you are looking for a rewarding career, join us at ID Medical and help us transform the lives of the people who use our service for the better.
The ID Medical Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Follow our twitter page IDMedicalJobs to keep up to date with the latest jobs from ID Medical.
- £ 76001 - 102465 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 12 Jan 2017
Closes 9 Feb 2017
This job was posted to: Doctor