Consultant in General Adult Psychiatry / Honorary Senior Lecturer
Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire, England
ID Medical is recruiting an experienced and qualified consultant psychiatrist in general adult psychiatry/ honorary senior lecturer.
This is a new post and candidates interested in part-time working are invited to discuss their proposed input/ timetable to determine if their commitment would meet the Trust's needs. The post holder will principally provide leadership and senior medical input to the Trust.
This post is offered with 3 academic sessions.
- To manage, appraise and give professional supervision to junior medical staff as agreed between consultant colleagues and the medical director and in accordance with the Trust's personnel policies and procedures. This may include assessing competencies under the modernising medical careers framework
- To ensure that junior medical staff working with the post holder operates within the parameters of the new deal and are working time directive compliant.
- To undertake the administrative duties associated with the care of patients.
- To record clinical activity accurately and comprehensively, and submit this promptly to the information department.
- To participate in service and business planning activity for the locality and, as appropriate, for the whole mental health service.
- To participate in annual appraisal for consultants.
- To work with local managers and professional colleagues in ensuring the efficient running of services, and share with consultant colleagues in the medical contribution to management.
- To comply with the Trust's agreed policies, procedures, standing orders and financial instructions, and to take an active role in the financial management of the service and support the medical director and other managers in preparing plans for services.
- Qualified in Psychiatry
- Full valid GMC registration
- Experience working in mental health services in the UK, especially at consultant level
- Empathy, compassion, and the ability to treat others with understanding and respect
- A holistic approach to medicine and ability to apply medical and psychiatric skills
Benefits with ID Medical:
- Opportunities with more NHS hospitals than any other agency
- Excellent salary packages available
- Free BLS & PLS course
- 24 hour support service
- Excellent relocation package available
- Discounted CPD accredited courses
- Dedicated, experienced, supportive and friendly consultants
- Excellent support to progress clinically with new interests
The ID Medical Refer & Earn scheme also allows you to earn extra money by referring friends, colleagues or family to us for a suitable medical solution.
About ID Medical
From its headquarters in Milton Keynes as well as its Central London office, award-winning ID Medical is the leading independent supplier of superior quality locum doctors, nurses, allied health professionals and primary care staff, supplying over 5 million hours to the NHS per annum. ID Medical was formed in 2002, holding preferred supplier contracts with more than 90% of NHS hospitals and private medical sector organisations. If you are looking for a rewarding career, join us at ID Medical and help us transform the lives of the people who use our service for the better.
The ID Medical Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Follow our twitter page IDMedicalJobs to keep up to date with the latest jobs from ID Medical.
- £ 75249 - 101451 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 12 Jan 2017
Closes 9 Feb 2017
This job was posted to: Doctor