Clinical Specialist - Hand Therapist
Cheadle, Greater Manchester, England
BMI Alexandra Hospital in Cheadle is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Clinical Specialist - Hand Therapist to join their team of staff in the Physiotherapy department.
This is a PART time role for 25 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council.
* Registered with the College of Occupational Therapists or Chartered Society of Physiotherapists as appropriate.
* Membership of the British Association of Hand Therapists or working towards.
* Postgraduate hand therapy experience.
* Foundation experiences in a wide variety of specialist healthcare areas as clinical occupational therapist/physiotherapist, including orthopaedics/MSK, neurology, and management of long term conditions.
* To demonstrate a specialist knowledge across the range of work procedures and practices underpinned by theoretical knowledge and clinical reasoning or relevant practical experience.
* An understanding and application of evidence based practice should be shown.
* To demonstrate a high standard of hand therapy skills and practice.
Duties of this role include:
* To provide hand therapy assessment and treatment with sound clinical reasoning to a high standard of excellence.
* To undertake all aspects of clinical duties as an autonomous practitioner.
* To promote a professional and caring environment, and contribute to the success of the upper limb services, the hospital and BMI Healthcare.
* As part of the hand therapy team to assist Upper Limb Services Manager in the day-to-day organisation and development of the Upper Limb Services for BMI Healthcare.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 0 - 0 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 11 Jan 2017
Closes 8 Feb 2017
This job was posted to: Physiotherapy