Birmingham, West Midlands, England
BMI Edgbaston Hospital and BMI Priory Hospital in Birmingham is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Physiotherapy Lead to join their team of staff in the Physiotherapy department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern working between both BMI Edgbaston Hospital and BMI Priory Hospital.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Strong organisational and planning skills, including risk management.
* BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy
* MCSP & HCPC Registered
* Results driven, possessing a proven track record of delivering against targets
* Able to make judgements involving complex facts or situations which require the analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of options
* Strong interpersonal skills:
* Able to communicate clearly with a range of people at differing levels across the hospital, deploying a range of techniques to do this effectively
* Able to support and develop staff to deliver business goals
* Must be a Chartered Physiotherapist with extensive experience within an In-patient setting.
* Must have high level of Orthopaedic skills, knowledge and experience.
* Must be a Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP)
* Must be Registered with the Health Professions Council (HPC)
* Knowledge of registered body and HPC Codes and guidelines and their implications for practice
* Knowledge of the Care Standards Act and Care and Quality Commission Requirements
* Knowledge of Quality Assurance tools
* Experiencing of managing a team (s), mentoring and teaching
Duties of this role include:
* The In-patient Physiotherapy Lead is responsible for the effective and efficient daily delivery of the In-patient physiotherapy services across the Edgbaston and Priory Hospital sites.
* To ensure the provision of the highest standard of Physiotherapy assessment and treatment of In-patient services
* To provide clinical direction and leadership for all physiotherapy staff
* To manage a complex clinical caseload
* To ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory and best practice frameworks
* To take an active role in supporting the implementation of national developments locally.
* To provide feedback and information when requested on various national initiatives
* To prioritise and plan the clinical workload to optimise team efficiency and effectiveness.
* To ensure the department maintains BMI Physiotherapy accreditation
* To deputise for the Clinical Services Physiotherapy Manager when required.
* To provide operational day to day management at the Edgbaston site.
* Lead the provision of effective Physiotherapy services.
* Collaborate with the Clinical Services Physiotherapy Manager on new service opportunities to develop the business.
* To take an active role in supporting and implementing national Physiotherapy developments locally.
* Engage in appropriate continuous professional development and maintain a personal portfolio.
* Ensure that mandatory training is completed within the required time scales.
* To provide excellent customer service and promote a professional and caring environment
* To undertake other duties delegated by the Clinical Services Physiotherapy Manager
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
* BMI Healthcare Scheme
* Childcare Vouchers
* Staff Pension Scheme
* 25 days holiday per annum
* Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 40000 - 50000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 10 Jan 2017
Closes 7 Feb 2017
This job was posted to: Physiotherapy