Staff Grade - Addictions & Forensic Psychiatry
Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire, England
An exciting career opportunity has become available for an experienced and qualified staff grade in addictions psychiatry & forensic psychiatry (split role). This is a replacement post due to the previous post holder progressing into higher training. The post has also been developed to incorporate work across two services and allows for full-time work.
Core duties of the position include:
The exact range of clinical activities will be decided after appointment in consultation with the post holder, the consultant psychiatrist and the operations manager. This may involve some of the following:
Addictions service -
- To provide evidence-based medical and psychiatric input to patients with actual or suspected mental disorders.
- Provide medical input to regular patient reviews within a variety of the trust addiction services.
- To work closely with other professionals in order to contribute to multidisciplinary reviews, help formulate and review individual care and treatment programmes in keeping with local and national standards.
- Work closely with your colleagues to provide medical advice & support offering a multi-disciplinary approach to individually focused patient care.
- Be available to respond to clinical enquiries from clinical staff and other healthcare professionals.
- Ensure regular and timely discussions of the clinical caseload with the respected supervising consultant.
Forensic service -
- Contribute to multidisciplinary and multi-agency team working arrangements within the forensic service.
- Provide a medical service within inpatient units (alongside the primary care service).
To work closely with other health and social care professionals in order to:
- Provide an assessment service for people referred, including referrals of an urgent nature, with appropriate risk assessment and management.
- To formulate individual care and treatment programmes and to review care and treatment programmes, in keeping with local and national standards.
- Work closely with the clinical teams, providing medical advice and support with a multidisciplinary approach including participating in multidisciplinary care programme approach (CPA) reviews.
- Work with the supervising consultant to prepare relevant reports including CPA , hospital managers' and tribunal reports and give oral evidence in hearings.
- Attend relevant team, risk, referral and pathway meetings.
- Qualified in psychiatry
- Full valid GMC registration
- Empathy, compassion and the ability to treat others with understanding and respect
- A holistic approach to medicine and ability to apply medical and psychiatric skills
Benefits with ID Medical:
- Opportunities with more NHS hospitals than any other agency
- Excellent salary packages available
- Free BLS & PLS course
- 24 hour support service
- Excellent relocation package available
- Discounted CPD accredited courses
- Dedicated, experienced, supportive and friendly consultants
- Excellent support to progress clinically with new interests.
The ID Medical Refer & Earn scheme also allows you to earn extra money by referring friends, colleagues or family to us for a suitable medical solution.
About ID Medical
From its headquarters in Milton Keynes as well as its Central London office, award-winning ID Medical is the leading independent supplier of superior quality locum doctors, nurses, allied health professionals and primary care staff, supplying over 5 million hours to the NHS per annum. ID Medical was formed in 2002, holding preferred supplier contracts with more than 90% of NHS hospitals and private medical sector organisations. If you are looking for a rewarding career, join us at ID Medical and help us transform the lives of the people who use our service for the better.
The ID Medical Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Follow our twitter page IDMedicalJobs to keep up to date with the latest jobs from ID Medical.
- £ 75249 - 101451 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 9 Jan 2017
Closes 6 Feb 2017
This job was posted to: Psychiatry, Doctor
Recommended, similar jobs
Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, England
SJB Medical Ltd