Mammographer / General Radiographer
Chelmsford, Essex, England
Mammographer / Radiographer
£36,000 - £40,000 depending on experience.
We are looking for a full time Mammographer who is happy to also do general XRays. To work for a leading private hospital in the Essex area. You must have your post graduate certificate in Mammography have a minimum of 2 years' experience. The successful candidate will need to be flexible to the changing needs of the clinics but the current clinic
Your role will include;
* To specialise in mammography and to assist in the continuing development of the service, liaising with the Imaging Services manager, radiologists, breast surgeons and oncologists.
* To perform high quality examinations as required by referring Physicians according to departmental policies and procedures. Ensuring that all patients being investigated receive a high standard of care.
* To work and assist in the day to day operation of General X -ray and mammography.
* To ensure that safety awareness in both general x-ray and mammography areas are adhered to and report any untoward incidents as they occur.
* To be responsible for the training of staff in mammography as required.
* To promote mammography services to Consultants and GP's when appropriate.
* To be responsible for the co-ordination of Breast screening services and monitor administration processes involved in the service
To be considered for this role it is essential that you have the following;
* DCRR OR B.Sc. in diagnostic imaging.
* Post graduate certificate in mammography.
* Good organisational skills.
* Continuous evidence of mammography education/ cpd in line with HCPC requirements
* Knowledge of quality assurance programme.
* Good interpersonal skills and willing to attend educational meetings/seminars to promote services to GP's /consultants/referrers
* At least 2 years qualified mammography experience.
- £ 36000 - 40000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 9 Jan 2017
Closes 8 Feb 2017
This job was posted to: Radiography