Bath, Somerset, England
BMI Healthcare is the largest private hospital group in the UK. Our focus is on delivering excellence in clinical care across our 70 hospitals throughout the United Kingdom.
Working as part of the Imaging team you will need to participate in providing an efficient and safe Imaging service for The Bath Clinic's patients, consultants and staff.
BMI Healthcare's Bath Clinic in Bath has a vacancy for a Senior Radiographer to work in our Imaging Department .
This post is being offered on a P art time,permanent basis of 30 hours per week in which the role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* DCR(R) or BSc Radiography with multidisiciplinary diagnostic imaging experience including Postgraduate Award in Mammography Practice.
* Registered with the HCPC
* Effective communication skills
* Knowledge of current legislation Radiation Protection, Health and Safety, Infection Control, COSSH and Risk Assessment.
* Knowledge of the HCPC Codes of conduct and guidelines and their implications for practice
* Knowledge of the Care Standards Act and Care and Quality Commission Requirements
* Knowledge of Quality Assurance tools
* Must be proactively involved in own development.
Duties of this role include:
* Produce Radiographic images to the agreed standard, using techniques that produce the lowest radiation dose to the patient.
* Practise good Radiation Protection/MRI safety and observe Local Rules and Systems of Work.
* Manage the designated working area and ensure that it is tidy, clean and efficiently run.
* Participate in and support the Imaging Department's business plan, goals and objectives.
* Develop good communications and relationships with colleagues at all levels within the Hospital.
* Report all equipment malfunctions or faults to the Manager and if necessary undertake further action to ensure the safe operation of the equipment.
* Practise and observe all Company, Hospital and Imaging Department policies and procedures.
* Maintain a high standard of customer/patient care.
* Ensure cost effective use of all consumables.
* Participate and contribute to the constant monitoring of Imaging Service standards.
* Participate in the Imaging Departments On-Call rota system
At interview, the Line Manager will be looking for good interpersonal and communication skills; confidence in dealing with people and a proven track record in handling issues and material of a confidential nature.
With a focus on excellent staff training, support and progression, BMI Healthcare is an excellent company to be a part of to launch/further your career in private healthcare.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 29000 - 29000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff
Posted 9 Jan 2017
Closes 6 Feb 2017
This job was posted to: Radiography