Southall, Greater London, England
Physiotherapist - Manor Court Care Home
40 hours per week
About the home:
Beech Rehab Unit is located on the site of Manor Court Nursing Home, a purpose built home situated in Southall.
Beech Rehab Unit is a 15 bedded inpatient rehabilitation unit which specialises in providing up to 6 weeks inpatient rehabilitation for people living in the London Borough of Ealing.
The focus of the unit is to improve patient's function using patient centred goal directed therapy. Our aim is to enable a safe discharge back to the community with an emphasis on independence.
The role requires a well developed knowledge and clear experience of general rehabilitation. We are seeking someone with the confidence to develop the service as needed and the ability to advocate for your profession within a multidisciplinary team. You would require experience and confidence applying your skills and leading on Physiotherapy input within the therapy team including delegation to rehabilitation assistants. The role will require you to work alongside multidisciplinary colleagues to provide a 7 day service.
Common responsibilities of the job include:
* Undertaking comprehensive and detailed patient assessments using appropriately selected outcome measures.
* Planning and providing appropriate treatment/graded activities.
* Use of patient centred goal setting to progress patient's function, using the SMART format.
* Giving advice and arranging support for family members, carers and partners.
* Completing and assessing falls risk assessments.
* Recommending and ordering appropriate equipment for rehabilitation and discharges.
* Liaising with Doctors, Social workers, family members/carers, and other professionals and keeping them updated.
* Complex discharge planning with patients with multiple co-morbidities including close liaison with external agencies to facilitate this.
* Carrying out audits and highlighting developmental opportunities for the unit.
* Assessing treatment success and outcomes at multi-professional case conferences/meetings.
* Supervision and education of rehab assistants.
What you will need
* Bsc Hons Physiotherapy
* At least 2 years experience in a rehabilitation setting or equivalent skill set.
* Experience of working with; older adults, complex discharge planning, general medicine, orthopaedics.
* Well developed understanding and ability to assess patients with cognitive impairments such as dementia.
* Previous NHS experience.
* Confidence working with older adults and people with complex rehabilitation needs.
* Well developed inpatient rehab skills.
* Clear knowledge of falls, hazards and prevention methods including current best practice.
* Enthusiasm to work within a new and developing service.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including verbal and written.
* An interest in working closely with people.
* Well developed skills in prioritisation and joint MDT working.
* Experience of teaching/educating/supervising junior staff.
* Awareness of current legislation, such as but not limited to;
* Mental Capacity Act
* Deprivation of Liberties
* Care Act
* Dementia Strategy
- £ 37000 - 37000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 6 Jan 2017
Closes 6 Feb 2017
This job was posted to: Physiotherapy