Lead Haematology Pharmacist
London, Greater London, England
Lead Haematology Pharmacist
Salary up to £58,500 per annum DOE plus Benefits
Our client’s pharmacy service is committed to providing first class pharmaceutical service to patients, nurses and consultants. Staffed by a fully qualified and friendly team of pharmacists and technicians across all sites, the work of the pharmacy service encompasses a wide range of activities, including inpatient and outpatient’s prescriptions, cytotoxic reconstitution, over-the-counter sales for non-prescription medicines and daily ward rounds.
As Lead Haematology Pharmacist will be responsible for the provision of a comprehensive, safe and effective pharmacy service and will maintain and develop the highest standards of patient-focused care. Together with the Lead Clinical Pharmacist – Oncology Services, you will provide leadership for clinical haematology and assisting with provision of dispensary, aseptic unit and ward pharmaceutical services.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Developing and maintaining the pharmacy aseptic unit business planning, governance, assurance and performance.
• Ensuring staff comply with safe handling requirements for cytotoxic and teratogenic drugs and that safe systems of work are adhered to at all times.
• Development, implementation, validation, monitoring and maintenance of the electronic systems.
• Further developing performance metrics and dashboards to promote evidence based performance management and provide visibility for staff and service users to drive performance improvements in provision of pharmacy services to the wards and dispensary
• Lead on the pharmaceutical provision of clinical haematology services
• Support and provide pharmaceutical expertise for any transformation projects relating to clinical haematology.
• Participate in the education and training of pharmacy staff and other health care professionals e.g. nursing staff, doctors as necessary and ensure that education provision, particularly in relation to clinical haematology, meets the needs of the national legislation, standards, pharmacy business planning and corporate quality agendas.
• Assist the Senior Pharmacy Management Team in service development and monitoring and interpreting national and local legislation, standards and guidance across the breadth of pharmacy enacting relevant changes in services provided.
• Assist in monitoring staff performance and attendance, taking any action considered necessary, in line with policy.
• Ensure all charges are raised promptly to maximise revenue capture.
Skills and Experience
A registered member of the GPC, you will have substantial haematology pharmacy experience within a hospital environment and ideally some experience of critical care. As a senior member of the team, it is also expected that you will have previous experience of teaching/mentoring and training of a team.
• Insurance – Life, Dental
• Critical Illness Cover
• Up to 30 days holidays
• Health Assessments
• Private medical cover
• Excellent Accommodation
• Cycle to work Scheme, Gymflex
If you are responding directly to this position please attach your current CV and inform us of your current remuneration.
Should you know anyone who may be seeking an opportunity then JS3 offer a referral scheme. Please refer to our website Apply for more details.
- £ 50000 - 58500 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager), Deputy Manager / Senior Staff
Posted 6 Jan 2017
Closes 6 Feb 2017
This job was posted to: Pharmacist