Stirling, Stirling, Scotland
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK - and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare's Kings Park Hospital in Stirling has a vacancy for a Physiotherapist to join their team of staff.
Our department is a small but very busy department with a team of 2 physios and bank staff who work very closely with the consultants and MDT. It is predominantly MSk and orthopaedics but the scope to develop other services is realistic and depending on the right candidate would be an exciting opportunity to develop a new or existing service within existing service demands.
This role is offered on a Bank basis, with shifts offered on an "as and when required" basis. To cover periods of leave and to supplement staff during busy times.
The patients at Kings Park Hospital are very self-motivated with high expectations of service and expertise and are well informed with a phenomenal level of commitment to rehabilitation, instruction and guidance. Our patients tend to also be from a strong sporting populous with outdoor lifestyles.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Proactive and driven to succeed
* Good organisational and planning skills, including risk management
* Results driven, possessing a proven track record of delivering against targets
* The ideal candidate would be flexible and can help to continue to lead the service and profile of the department. An individual who knows how to prioritise, can deal with the demands of the changing environment and is self-motivated and capable of working within a dynamic environment in both ward and out patients.
* Able to make judgements involving complex facts or situations which require the analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of options
* Strong interpersonal skills:
* Able to communicate clearly with a range of people at differing levels across the hospital, deploying a range of techniques to do this effectively
* Must be a Chartered Physiotherapist and a member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP)
* This department will require a varied skill mix and must have extended experience in musculoskeletal, orthopaedics in and out pts, pain mgmt. including spinal injections, fusion etc and some hand therapy and women's health would be advantageous and post-operative experience in abdominoplasty, and general surgery.
Duties of this role include:
* Provide physiotherapy assessment and treatment for Outpatients, Inpatients, Sports Medicine participating in these patients' pre-admission and follow-up care as appropriate.
* To provide excellent customer service and promote a professional and caring environment
* To ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory and best practice frameworks
* To take an active role in supporting the implementation of national developments locally
* To ensure the department maintains BMI Physiotherapy accreditation
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please complete our brief online application form and we will be in touch within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 15 - 16.78 Per hour
- Part time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 6 Jan 2017
Closes 3 Feb 2017
This job was posted to: Physiotherapy