Occupational Therapist (Bank)
Bath, Somerset, England
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK - and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare's Bath Clinic in Bath Hospital are recruiting for Occupational therapist to join their team of staff in the Bath Clinic
This is a bank role working on an "as and when required" basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Energetic, proactive and driven to succeed
* Strong organisational and planning skills, including risk management
* Results driven, possessing a proven track record of delivering against targets
* Able to make judgements involving complex facts or situations which require the analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of options
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Able to communicate clearly with a range of people at differing levels across the hospital, deploying a range of techniques to do this effectively
* Postgraduate general hospital experience including Orthopaedics
* Must be a Member of the College of Occupational Therapy
Duties of this role include:
* To provide bank Occupational Therapy cover on the ward, occasional outpatients and Pre-Assessment Clinic for busy periods during the week. To cover contracted staff holidays/sickness and occasional weekend cover.
* To manage a clinical caseload, providing Occupational Therapy assessment and treatment to the highest standard
* Provide Occupational Therapy assessment and treatment for Inpatients participating in these patients' pre-admission and follow-up care as appropriate
* To provide excellent customer service and promote a professional and caring environment
* To ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory and best practice frameworks
* To undertake other duties delegated by the Lead OT, and to deputise for him/ her as required
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 0 - 0 Per year
- Part time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 6 Jan 2017
Closes 3 Feb 2017
This job was posted to: Occupational therapist