Radiographer - MRI (Bank)
Northampton, Northamptonshire, England
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK - and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare's Three Shires Hospital has a vacancy for a Radiographer - MRI (Bank) to join their team of staff in the Imaging department .
This is a bank role working on an "as and when required" basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Diploma or Degree in Diagnostic Radiography.
* Current registration with HPC.
* MRI experience
* Awareness of Clinical Governance, Audit, IR(ME)R, NICE and Care Quality Commission Standards
* Excellent organisational & communication skills
* An enhanced CRB Disclosure is a requirement for this post
Duties of this role include:
* To provide a high standard of MRI Radiography, image production and service to all customers.
* To participate in the clinical workload of the department primarily in MRI.
* To ensure compliance with all radiation legislation / guidelines.
* To ensure own personal Continual Professional Development & maintain up-to-date knowledge of MRI practices.
* To adhere to departmental clinical standards and participate in clinical audit.
* To participate in the QA programme when required.
* To comply with all company policies and procedures to include Health & Safety, Fire, COSHH and manual handling.
* To report any hazards or incidents via the company procedure.
* To act professionally within the standard and framework provided by the HPC and College of Radiographers 'Code of Professional Conduct'.
* To maintain active registration with the HPC.
* To undertake any other duties requested by the Imaging Manager/Deputy Imaging Manager to enhance service provision.
* To act as advisor to the Imaging receptionists when booking MR imaging procedures & book procedures in their absence.
* To correctly charge for imaging procedures undertaken.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 15 - 20 Per hour
- Part time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 5 Jan 2017
Closes 2 Feb 2017
This job was posted to: Radiography