City of London, London, Greater London, England
About The Facility
HCA Healthcare UK - World's largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016' and 'Best International Cancer Services' provider 2016
London Bridge Hospital is expanding in 2017 into the top four floors of the new Guy's Cancer Centre. With 38.2 million pound investment and 60,000 square feet this purpose built facility will allow London Bridge Hospital to house its cancer services in one roof. Consultants from London's top teaching hospitals will offer full surgical provision in urology, gynaecology, breast, ENT, maxillofacial and head and neck, as well as reconstructive surgery for these specialties. The hospital will partner with Leaders in Oncology (LOC) across chemotherapy, outpatient oncology and haematology.
The new site will encompass inpatient and daycase beds, operating theatres including the first integrated robotics theatre in the UK, housing a Da Vinci Robot. There will also be a chemotherapy unit, outpatient consulting, Level 3 Critical Care and Imaging including X-Ray, MRI and Ultrasound.
The London Bridge Hospital campus in South East London encompasses the recently opened outpatients and diagnostic centre in The Shard, the large world-class hospital based at the Tooley Street site, and a further five outpatient and diagnostic centres across the City, Canary Wharf and Kent. Patients benefit from multidisciplinary streamlined care, investment in leading-edge technology and London teaching hospital consultants.
As the Pharmacy Technician you will assist in the daily running of a safe and effective pharmacy service together with the Lead Clinical Pharmacist and Lead Technician. You will maintain and develop the highest standards of patient-focused care in the provision of the pharmacy service.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week (Shifts between 8.00am - 7.30pm with some work on Saturdays)
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is £25,056 - £29,011 and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
Benefits: We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, the use of all HCA facilities for acute medical conditions, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year and access to a fantastic flexible benefits scheme. We can also offer you a relocation packages if you are living outside of London or the UK. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure the smooth day-to-day running of dispensary services and to ensure all pharmacy/ ward/patient service needs are met in liaison with the Lead Pharmacy Technician.
- If in possession of a valid ACPT qualification, to final check prescriptions according to the ACPT policy.
- Ensure that medicines and consumables are stored safely and securely according to the corporate medication policy and hospital protocol.
- Ensure stock rotation, cycle counts and routine expiry date checks are completed.
- Provide medication counselling to patients.
- Ensure that the day to day purchasing and stock control levels of medicines and consumables is maintained
- Assist in ensuring provision of an efficient, accurate and economical ward top-up service according to hospital protocol
- Carry out the preparation of parenteral cytotoxic chemotherapy and monoclonal antibodies, ensuring their pharmaceutical appropriateness and timely issue if required
Skills & Experience
A registered member of the GPC with NVQ3 in pharmacy, you will have some clinical experience within a hospital environment.
About The Individual
The successful candidate will be punctual and of smart appearance at all times, promoting a pleasant and caring attitude within the hospital. They will ensure safe working environment at all times in accordance with all current legislation. In addition to providing support to the team, they will also be able to exhibit a passion for delivering customer service and a desire to provide an exceptional patient experience.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your details and we would be happy to accommodate an informal visit as part of your application process and look forward to meeting you!
- £ 25056 - 29011 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 5 Jan 2017
Closes 2 Feb 2017
This job was posted to: Pharmacy technician