Chelmsford, Essex, England
£36,000 - £40,000 pro rata
16 hours per week.
We are looking for a permanent part time Mammographer for 16hrs per week to join a leading private hospital in the Essex aare. You must have possessed the post graduate certificate in Mammography have a minimum of 2 years' experience. The right candidate will be happy to undertake general radiography including theatres as required.
The successful candidate will need to be flexible to the changing needs of the clinics but the current clinic
Your role will include;
* To specialise in mammography and to assist in the continuing development of the service, liaising with the Imaging Services manager, radiologists, breast surgeons and oncologists.
* To perform high quality examinations as required by referring Physicians according to departmental policies and procedures. Ensuring that all patients being investigated receive a high standard of care.
* To work and assist in the day to day operation of General X -ray and mammography.
* To ensure that safety awareness in both general x-ray and mammography areas are adhered to and report any untoward incidents as they occur.
* To be responsible for the training of staff in mammography as required.
* To promote mammography services to Consultants and GP's when appropriate.
* To be responsible for the co-ordination of Breast screening services and monitor administration processes involved in the service
To be considered for this role it is essential that you have the following;
* DCRR OR B.Sc. in diagnostic imaging.
* Post graduate certificate in mammography.
* Good organisational skills.
* Continuous evidence of mammography education/ cpd in line with HCPC requirements
* Knowledge of quality assurance programme.
* Good interpersonal skills and willing to attend educational meetings/seminars to promote services to GP's /consultants/referrers
* At least 2 years qualified mammography experience.
- £ 36000 - 40000 Per year
- Part time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 4 Jan 2017
Closes 3 Feb 2017
This job was posted to: Radiography