Healthcare Assistant - Outpatients
Worcester, Worcestershire, England
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK - and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare's Droitwich Spa Hospital has a vacancy for a Healthcare Assistant (Bank) to join their team of staff in the Outpatients department.
This is a bank role working on an "as and when required" basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* A basic standard of general education with proven literacy and numeracy
* Good interpersonal and communication skills
* Outpatient experience essential
* Ability to work as part of a team
* NVQ Level 2/3 in care
* Venepuncture skills essential
* Previous practical application of Bloods, ECG and Pre-Assessment essential
Duties of this role include:
* To provide quality planned care for patients during their visit to Pre-assessment/ Outpatients under the direction of a trained member of staff and within the limits of training and assessed competencies.
* Assist in the delivery of patient care and the delivery of an efficient nursing service
* Contribute to quality improvement
* Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
* Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
* Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
* Respect the patient's dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
* To accept delegated responsibilities from senior team members within your sphere of competence.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 7.54 - 7.54 Per hour
- Part time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 30 Nov 2016
Closes 28 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Healthcare assistant