Nuclear Medicine Technologist
Guildford, Surrey, England
BMI Mount Alvernia Hospital in Guildford i s part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Nuclear Medicine Technologist to join their team of staff in the Nuclear/Imaging department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
We have an exciting new development of a PET CT Centre here at Mount Alvernia Hospital to combine with our excisting successful Nuclear Medicine service in state of art surroundings. The Nuclear Medicine service was established in 2011 and carries out a wide range of specialist and routine procedures. Work will involve Nuclear medicine and PET CT. Training could be given on PET CT but Nuclear Medicine experience is essential.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Nuclear Medicine Technologist with post graduate Nuclear Medicine Qualification
* Radiographer with post graduate Nuclear Medicine Qualification
* Registration with the Health Professions Council or Register of Clinical Technologists (IPEM)
* Canulation/Phlebotomy certificate.
* Current knowledge of a range of routine and specialised Nuclear Medicine and PET/CT procedures.
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to work at all levels.
* Excellent customer and patient skills.
* Teaching ability for trainees.
* Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
* Good IT knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PACS & CRIS.
Duties of this role include:
* To provide Technical support to the Nuclear Medicine and PET/CT Department.
* To work within the framework of the Nuclear Medicine and PET/CT Department, providing a professional, dedicated and patient focussed service.
* To produce high quality images and accurate diagnostic information by using all equipment correctly.
* To acquire additional images during scans when indicated.
* To carry out all Nuclear Medicine and PET/CT procedures in accordance with current protocols and best practice.
* To dispense radiopharmaceuticals from a multidose vial.
* Administer radiopharmaceuticals intravenously; sub dermally, by inhalation or orally.
* Carry out subdermal injections for sentinel node scans in breast and melanoma cancers.
* Carry out phlebotomy in EDTA procedures to measure glomerular filtration rate.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
S a lary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 38000 - 38000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 29 Nov 2016
Closes 27 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Radiography, Sonography