Director of Operations
Guildford, Surrey, England
BMI Mount Alvernia Hospital in Guildford is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Director of Operations to join their team of staff in the Senior Management team .
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week . The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Degree level or equivalent professional qualification is desirable.
* Considerable management experience of a large profit centre within the service sector (or equivalent for an internal recruit).
* Knowledge of the service sector and the systems and processes used.
* Track record of delivering results against targets.
* Proven project management skills.
* Numerate and have the ability to analyse, interpret and make recommendations using data
* Proven skills in monitoring and controlling performance using financial and statistical data.
* An experienced natural leader and team player, who has demonstrated an ability to lead, motivate, support and develop employees to enable contribution to business goals and objectives.
* IT literate with familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Strategic awareness with the ability to understand the commercial perspective.
* A confident decision maker able to make sound business decisions.
Duties of this role include:
* Member of the Senior Management Team
* To provide leadership and strategic direction for the non-clinical service delivery of the hospital
* To maximise the financial performance of the departments under this remit whilst maintaining high standards of service delivery, in accordance with the legal and professional standards.
* To contribute to the strategic, operational and business development of the hospital.
* To lead on Process Improvement / BMI Way
* To provide direct support to the Executive Director.
* To work closely with the Director of Clinical Services
* To take responsibility for the non-clinical health and safety compliance within the hospital.
* To take responsibility for compliance to internal audit standards.
* To identify business development opportunities such as new service lines and the further development of existing services.
* To provide project management/interface with Corporate Infrastructure Manager, of major developments schemes at the hospital.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 38000 - 38000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
Posted 29 Nov 2016
Closes 27 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Health care administration