Mental Healthcare Assistant
Dewsbury, West Yorkshire, England
Providing quality, inspiring innovation and delivering value is what we set out to achieve at Priory Healthcare. Enabling our patients with mental health difficulties to receive a truly integrated and holistic approach to their treatment, regardless of complexity or severity, thanks to the knowledge and expertise of our multidisciplinary clinical teams.
Set within a safe and therapeutic environment, the Priory Hospital Dewsbury is a 32 bedded locked service, supporting two different service user groups:
* Hartley Ward focuses upon the active rehabilitation of men with mental health issues. The emphasis is upon stabilising mental health, reducing risks and enhancing independent living skills, with a view to reintegration into the community. This is a 22 bed ward.
* Jubilee Ward supports men with dementia, and behaviours that challenge. This is a 10 bed ward.
We are looking to recruit personable, flexible and motivated Health Care Assistants to support our qualified staff with the delivery of care to our patients. You will be involved in the personal care and meeting the psychological needs of a diverse group of service users with varying degrees of mental and physical issues. You will be caring and attentive with the skills to build strong and trusting relationships with people. It is also important that you work well in a team as you will work alongside qualified nurses and staff from other professions.
What we'd like from you:
* Previous experience within a healthcare setting desirable
* A strong sense of responsibility
* Reliable & trustworthy
* Willingness to learn
* Effective communication skills
* Flexibility and strong "can do" attitude
* Quality orientation
What we'd like to give you:
* A competitive salary
* Disclosure check cost coverage
* Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training
* Enhanced Maternity pay inline with NHS.
* 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
* Birthday Holiday - Your Birthday as an extra days annual leave
* Online benefits and cashback rewards
* Cycle to work scheme
* SMART Childcare Vouchers
* SMART Pension option
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes.
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer.
- £ 7.3 - 7.3 Per hour
- Full time
- Job Level
- Newly qualified, Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 29 Nov 2016
Closes 29 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Healthcare assistant