Disability Assessor (PIP) - RGN, OT, Physio or Paramedic
Taunton, Somerset, England
Disability Assessor / Personal Functional Assessor (PIP) - Taunton
Recruiting for Care is one of the UK's leading providers of permanent recruitment solutions to the Nursing, Health and Social Care sectors and we offer bespoke consultancy services to clients and candidates alike.
We are currently looking for Paramedics, Registered General Nurses, Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists for exciting Disability Assessor opportunities in Taunton.
As a Disability Assessor you will join an established team of highly skilled health care professionals. The role on offer is both challenging and rewarding; you will utilise your clinical and evidence based knowledge, highly tuned interpersonal skills and examination skills to determine how disabilities or impairments (from a range of health conditions) impact on activities of daily living. You will assess individuals who are making a claim for the Personal Independence Payment (PIP).
- Starting salary of £32,000
- Must have a minimum 2 years post qualification experience in the UK.
As part of the Government's welfare reform agenda, the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) have introduced a new benefit called the Personal Independence Payment (PIP). Replacing the Disability Living Allowance (DLA). PIP is designed to better reflect today's understanding of disability and is focused on helping with the extra costs disabled people face to lead independent lives.
- To carry out medical examinations and provide medical advice on capacity of work (PIP assessments). Work to productivity and quality targets and respond positively to feedback.
- Analyse and interpret clinical information/medical evidence and provide reports in a professional and concise manner.
- Produce succinct, accurate and comprehensive reports in plain English to enable decision making and are of a good standard before being forwarded to the client
To apply for this role please forward a CV online.
- £ 32000 - 32000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 28 Nov 2016
Closes 26 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Occupational therapist