London, Greater London, England
BMI London Independent Hospital in London is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Healthcare Assistant to join their team of staff in the Outpatient department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Previous experience of working within an acute clinical environment
* Good interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Good general education, literature and numeracy
* Health / care related qualification or completed programme of study
* Phlebotomy skills
Duties of this role include:
* To undertake a range of duties in support, and under supervision of, Registered Healthcare Professionals
* To contribute to effective working relationships with colleagues, patients and visitors
* To contribute to high standards of clinical practice and care being delivered to patients within the hospital
* Assist in the delivery of patient care
* Undertake tasks within own sphere of competence/training as delegated by Registered Nurses
* Develop and enhance own skills and knowledge
* Adhere to best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
* Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
* Respect the patient's dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
* BMI Healthcare Scheme
* Childcare Vouchers
* Staff Pension Scheme
* 25 days holiday per annum
* Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 20500 - 20500 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 28 Nov 2016
Closes 26 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Healthcare assistant