Southwark, London, Greater London, EnglandThe technician would be required to carry out basic medical tests under the supervision of a doctor or nurse. These tests would usually include (but not be limited to) audiometry (hearing tests), eye testing including colour blindness assessment, spirometry (lung function testing), ECG'S, height and weight measurement, calculation of body mass index, and urine testing for urinalysis. These would be carried out in line with accepted policies and procedures.
The role requires an individual who is able to work autonomously and also as a key team member. They will also need a calm, efficient and professional disposition and be able to create an environment where an applicant can undergo medical assessment for fitness for the HM Forces in a suitable environment.
The applicant must fully understand how vital accurate medical assessment is to ensure that we recruit only individuals that are fit for duty and also that we do not inaccurately exclude those who should have been declared fit.
The role will require a degree of IT literacy as a paperless environment is the aspiration.
* To carry out medical tests accurately
* To carefully document results in an appropriate format including the electronic application.
* To have a basic understanding of normal parameters for tests carried out and be able to query any abnormalities.
* To fully understand fitness for testing and where testing should be withheld.
* Punctuality and consistently meeting appointment timeframes.
* To assist with the management and care of difficult or distressed candidates.
* Supporting the Clinic Co-ordinator with the smooth and efficient running of the clinic.
* Act as a chaperone where required during consultations.
Key Performance Objectives
* Excellent inter personal skills to ensure clients are treated professionally and dignity is maintained
* To provide accurate data from medical testing that will enable to doctors to make accurate judgments of fitness of applicants
* To be fully acquainted with the equipment used for testing and able to carry out basic fault finding to understand when equipment cannot carry out accurate testing.
* To be able to carry out the daily accuracy testing checks on equipment before use and ensure that annual or more frequent where indicated testing is up to date.
* To ensure the clinic and facilities are equipped at all times to carry out the tests as appropriate.
* To ensure consumables required for testing are ordered and stored correctly.
* To maintain confidentiality for all applicants
Training & Development
As a general training programme, holders of this position will need to:
* Undergo general Capita and RPP inductions
* Undergo medical-specific induction
* Undergo induction at the assessment centre at which they are located
* Undertake training WARP reporting application and associated ECG equipment
* Learn about the medical process, understand key interfaces and undergo additional system training where required
Individuals will continue to be given opportunities to develop with on the job learning / coaching, e-learning, courses and performance management. CPD will be provided.
I addition to this and depending upon per existing qualifications and training there may be future opportunities for:
* NVQ in Health Technician
* Attendance at a recognised course for technician training (such as HSE Buxton)
* Experience in general Health Technician activity
* Recognised qualification or attendance (NVQ or accredited course)
* Excellent inter personal and communication skills
* Specific experience of audiometry, spirometry, vision screening and biometric assessment with a basic comprehension of results
* Attendance at recognised courses in relation to these tests and excellent ability to understand the data generated.
* Calm professional disposition
* Full understand of medical equipment and associated consumables used in testing and good practice in use, storage and maintenance of such equipment.
* Ability to fault find and address minor technical and connectivity issues with equipment
* IT skills - E mail, excel, Word
Any application to this advert is to a job posted by Team24 part of Capita plc.
- £ 18000 - 20000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 28 Nov 2016
Closes 26 Dec 2016
Ref: DOM - RPP 001
This job was posted to: Healthcare assistant