Conwy, Conwy, Wales
LOCUM Occupational Therapist JOB IN Conway - Older People
Team: Older People and Hospital Support Worker
Salary: from £23.00 per hour Limited
Job type: Locum
Hours: Full time
Supply Care Solutions are looking for an Occupational Therapist in Conway
To provide an Occupational Therapy service to the residents of Conwy inclusive of children, adults and older people with permanent and substantial disabilities. To assess and identify needs and formulate appropriate plans to meet those needs in order to help maintain people in their own homes and promote independence. To work in partnership with service users, their carers, health, Social Services and Housing Department.
Duties and responsibilities
- Providing an Occupational Therapy assessment service to residents of Conwy who have substantial and permanent disability.
- Formulating and instigating plans to meet assessed needs that fit within Conwy eligibility criteria.
- Effectively managing his/her own caseload, prioritising work to ensure that urgent situations are dealt with as necessary.
- To hold a caseload of predominantly complex cases including paediatrics, physical disability/sensory impairment, older people, learning disabilities inclusive of people with dual diagnosis with mental health issues.
- Monitoring potential risks within client's situations with regard to health, safety and independence, with emphasis on maintaining the client in their own home
- To support the Customer Care Officers with Occupational Therapy enquiries.
- To work with Housing Officers, architects, planners and voluntary sector to plan and design scheme for adaptation and new build properties; demonstrating an understanding of the conventions used in drawings architecture and building construction.
- To keep abreast of developments in client services and disability working practices, research and knowledge in the relevant housing, social care Occupational Therapy field, in line with Continuing Professional development requirements for HPC registration.
- To demonstrate effective use of resources. To include understanding and implementation of 'Best value' with regards to choice of client's equipment and adaptations.
- To communicate effectively with clients, carers and other professionals within the multi-disciplinary team
- To provide formal and informal supervision for Occupational Therapy Assistants including involvement in their training programme and mentoring for BTEC an Occupational Therapy Training.
- To take responsibility for supervision of an Occupational therapy student.
- To maintain appropriate records to a professional standard as required by the Welsh Assembly Government and College of Occupational Therapists.
- To represent the team in working groups and undertake particular projects as identified by senior staff.
- To deputise for more senior staff as and when required.
Occupational Therapist Requirements
- Degree or equivalent
- 2 years post qualifying experience
- Current HCPC Registration
- Eligibility to work in the UK without work permit or visa restrictions
- Commitment to the safe care and well-being of vulnerable people
Our locum workers benefit from
- Excellent Rates
- £250 Refer-a-friend scheme*
- Assistance with DBS applications
- Dedicated consultant support
- Varied career opportunities
- Flexible working opportunities
If you are interested in this position please apply online or call us on 020 8506 1111
Supply Care Solutions have a number of locum jobs across the UK. * All locums must be contract compliant before commencing work through our agency. We are recruiting professionals across all specialisms and grade. We offer an excellent referral bonus for any new worker you refer to us*Terms and conditions apply. Supply Care Solutions works in conjunction with Monitor/TDA rate caps
- £ 23 - 23 Per hour
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 25 Nov 2016
Closes 23 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Occupational therapist