Healthcare Assistant (Bank)
Great Missenden, Buckinghamshire, England
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK - and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare's Chiltern Hospital in Great Missenden has a vacancy for a Healthcare Assistant to join their team of bank staff.
Working on an "as and when required" basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Duties will include but not be restricted to:
* Contribute to the high clinical standards and quality of care, promoting good health practices and continuity of patient care, wherever possible.
* Provide nursing care and support to patients.
* Maintain accurate statistics and records.
It is essential that applicants have the following:
* Knowledge of private health care.
* Basic understanding of clinical governance.
* Understanding Manual Handling, COSSH guidelines
* Knowledge of delivering nursing care, including undertaking baseline assessment of temperatures, pulse, blood pressure.
* Awareness of IT.
* Ability to communicate verbally in a clear and effective way.
* Ability to communicate clearly in writing e.g. documents, letters etc.
* Ability to demonstrate different communication strategies.
* Actively anticipate and respond to the feelings, needs and concerns of others
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please complete our brief online application form and we will be in touch following the closing date.
- £ 0 - 0 Per hour
- Part time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 24 Nov 2016
Closes 22 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Healthcare assistant