Senior Speech and Language Therapist
London, Greater London, England
About the Department
Speech and Language Therapy at The Bupa Cromwell Hospital assesses and treats patients for a wide range of conditions, including cancer, ear nose and throat disorders, neurological conditions and neurosurgery, critical illness and invasive surgery.
We are looking for a Senior Speech and Language Therapist to support our service for adults. You will be confident in your position to provide highly specialist assessment and intervention for a complex caseload, using advanced knowledge, skills and judgement. You will be working with in and out patients, supporting the wider inter-disciplinary teams throughout the hospital.
We're looking for you to have:
- Speech & Language Therapy Degree or Diploma.
- Member of RCSLT and HCPC registration
- Advanced training in dysphagia
- Sound and proven experience of adult neurology services, including dysphagia and communication difficulties.
- Competent to work independently with a range of adult in-patients and out-patients, with experience with a range of clinical groups, including critical illness, oncology and ENT / voice problems
- Experience of carrying out videofluroscopies and working with ventilated patients and those with tracheostomy tubes would be desirable, but not essential.
Salary and shifts
This is a part time position working 22.5 hours (3 days) per week. The salary range is from £37,660 - £47,778 (pro rated) per annum and is dependant upon experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To ensure a high standard of service expected in all areas of the Speech and Language Therapy Service, which will include a wide variety of caseload in terms of patient age and condition.
- To independently manage and prioritise a caseload, balancing own workload of both direct and indirect contacts, demonstrating skills in dealing with complex issues to generate appropriate strategies for caseload management
- Provide assessment and implement highly specialist SLT treatment and programmes of care, writing reports, reflecting specialist knowledge.
- To work proactively with the Catering service and Dietetics to ensure modified diets are optimal for patients with dysphagia
- To be an active member of the inter-disciplinary teams working within the hospital.
- To provide and evaluate training and education to all groups of staff, including external agencies, providing services at the hospital
- To maintain and develop the existing Speech and Language Therapy service for adult patients within the hospital
For more information about this position, please contact Louise on [... Click Apply...]
Why work for us?
We are looking for highly skilled and enthusiastic people with vision and am [... Click Apply...] [... Click Apply...] In return, Bupa Cromwell Hospital offers its employees an environment where we embrace employee engagement, performance excellence, development and diversity, helping our people to realise their potential.
As well as competitive salaries, we want you to enjoy working with us. We support and appreciate our people and will help you develop your skills in a challenging and rewarding hospital environment. We have no shareholders, so any profit we make is re-invested in to the business to support our people and improve healthcare for our patients.
- £ 37660 - 47778 Per year
- Part time
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff
Posted 24 Nov 2016
Closes 22 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Speech therapy