Supervisor Paediatric Ultrasound
Our client is an ultramodern, all-digital academic medical centre specialising in the provision of care for women and children. Based in Qatar, our client will focus on world-class patient care, medical education and biomedical research.
We are recruiting for a Supervisor of Paediatric Ultrasound services to join the Diagnostic Imaging Department.
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary imaging team, the Supervisor - Ultrasound, under the direction of the Manager - Ultrasound, oversees the operational activities pertaining to the relevant ultrasound imaging service or program to ensure delivery of a high quality Diagnostic imaging service. The ultrasound imaging service provides inpatient and outpatient diagnostic and interventional ultrasound procedures on women and children on a referral basis and medical research. The Supervisor - Ultrasound deputizes for the Manager-Ultrasound as required. S/he supervises the technologists and students within the service to ensure the continuity of service delivery. S/he through the production of high quality images, is responsible to ensure a high standard of service is continually provided to all patients, parents and other hospital staff as prescribed in the patient care and facility standards.
- Leads a designated section/program of the ultrasound service. Ensures areas/programs under direct management are safely delivered with optimal utilization of equipment and personnel.
- Assesses processes within the designated section and makes recommendations to the Manager-Ultrasound for possible improvements and amendments.
- Supervises Ultrasound Technologists and students within the designated ultrasound section for the duration of the shift. Identifies resources requirements and informs the Manager - Ultrasound accordingly.
A full job description is available upon request.
- BSc in Medical Imaging or equivalent
- Post graduate in ultrasound is required if base degree is not within the ultrasound field
- 5+ years clinical experience including 2+ years of supervisory experience in Ultrasound imaging in a North American Academic Institution or equivalent in the UK, Republic of Ireland, EU States, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand
- Eligible for registration with the ARRT/ARDMS/HCPC or an equivalent licensing/accreditation board as an Ultrasound technologist
- Eligible for licensure as a Ultrasound technologist in the State of Qatar
- Demonstrated extensive functional knowledge and clinical experience in Ultrasound
- Demonstrated knowledge of Radiology Information Systems (RIS) and Picture Archiving Communications Systems (PACS)
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Joint Commission and Joint Commission International accreditation standards and radiation safety guidelines
- Demonstrated strong analytical and decision making skills
- Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and organized under stressful situations
- Demonstrated evidence of ongoing continual professional development
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Benefits- Highly competitive package including a Tax free salary in Qatar + benefits. Full details of the package will be discussed directly.
Please note the targeted start date for the position is dependent on the current timeline for the project. Likewise, the processing of licensing (if applicable)/ visas etc. also need to be considered. We will advise candidates specifically when we discuss the opportunity.
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 22 Nov 2016
Closes 20 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Sonography