High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, England
Full Time or Part Time
£45,000 - £55,000
An opportunity has arisen for Part Time and Full Time Sonographers to join a dedicated and professional multi-disciplinary team in High Wycombe. The service provides fast and convenient access to high quality diagnostic imaging procedures.
As the Sonographer you will be joining a friendly supportive team which currently consists of twelve radiographers and four sonographers. We can offer flexible working with shift patterns to suit personal needs.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
* Reporting to the Lead Sonographer and the Diagnostic Manager to provide a wide range of ultrasonography examinations including gynaecological, abdominal and small parts.
* Experience of clinically justifying ultrasound referrals and being able to react and adapt to the demands of the service is essential.
* To be successful you'll be required to be able to demonstrate a high level of competency, exemplary patient care and a warm, approachable manner.
* You will also need a degree of flexibility and the ability to work, without supervision, under pressure.
Skills Knowledge & Experience:
* Broad range of ultrasonography competencies matched to the job description
* Experience of autonomous practice and independent reporting is essential
* To be competent to assess, scan, diagnose and report your own ultrasound caseload maintaining accurate patient records at all times
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with colleagues and all other partners
* An ability to cope in a fast-paced working environment whilst producing high quality images and succinct and accurate reporting of all examinations
* To show high levels of self-motivation and be capable of using your own initiative.
* To show an understanding of Clinical Governance and the importance
* DMU or PgDip in Medical Ultrasound (ideally from a CASE accredited institution) or equivalent.
* Sonographer's with only a PgC in (general) Ultrasound will be considered
* HCPC registered
* Evidence of Post Graduate education/CPD Scope of Role:
This organisation actively promote CPD with regular internal CPD clinical forums and funding is available for external courses. They want their team to continue to learn, improve and adapt their skills to keep up to date with the developments within the medical world.
For more information and or to apply please call Lydia Robinson on [... Click Apply...]and or email [... Click Apply...]
- £ 45000 - 55000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 22 Nov 2016
Closes 22 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Sonography