Director of Reproductive Medicine and Gynaecology
Our client is an ultramodern, all-digital academic medical centre specialising in the provision of care for women and children. Based in Qatar, our client will focus on world-class patient care, medical education and biomedical research.
We are recruiting for a Director of Reproductive Medicine and Gynaecology.
The Director - Nursing Services has 24 hour accountability for all clinical, operational and budget responsibility of a division or multiple units incorporating the hospitals vison and strategic plan. The Director works as a key member of the hospital's senior nursing management team and assumes accountability for the overall management and the delivery of quality Nursing Services to achieve optimal patient experience and outcomes for the service delivery area. The Director is accountable to the Chief Nursing Officer for ensuring that the standards for nursing care and related services are adhered to in the assigned area of responsibility. In collaboration with other service areas, the Director ensures that recruiting, commissioning, onboarding, orientation and service activation responsibilities are carried out in accordance with the hospital's plans and timelines.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Translates the CMG nursing strategy into plans for the division and drives their execution.
- Ensures fiscal responsibility within established budgetary variances and forecasts any future expenditure as per the divisional strategy and clinical needs.
- Leads and coordinates collaborative multi-disciplinary partnerships working towards the achievements of constant improvement in quality patient care and patient experience.
- Assumes accountability and oversight for patient experience and clinical outcomes for the Division/units.
- Continually reviews nursing practice to ensure that the most effective research based and timely care is provided for patients and their families. Addresses any issues that negatively impact on patient care outcomes.
- Develops goals, KPIS and objectives for the assigned areas in collaboration with the Executive Director and other key stakeholders.by embracing evidence and research to support transformational changes.
- Identifies performance data and directs the implementation of improvement in collaboration with Clinical Nurse Managers
- Manages ongoing individual performance appraisals, development plans and professional goals for their direct reports.
- Participates and supports research activities and interprets information from research and utilizes research findings in the development of standards.
- Directs the plans for resource allocation, selection, development, retention and succession planning of all staff within Division
- Works with the Quality team to maintain a risk register, mitigation plan and conduct root cause analysis.
- Monitor and evaluate the comprehensive unit based safety program.
- Support and implement a Nursing and Accreditation system.
- Deputize for the Executive Director of Nursing as required.
- Adheres to standards as they appear in the Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies.
- Adheres to Professional Code of Conduct for Nursing.
- Master's Degree in Nursing or a healthcare related field or Master's in Business Administration
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or (3 year Diploma in Nursing)
- Registered Nurse
- 7+ years Nursing Management experience within the relevant specialty area in an acute care hospital setting in North America, UK, Ireland, Western Europe, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand including 2+ years Director level experience within specialty area
- Experience of managing large budgets
- Valid professional nursing license in country of origin
- Meets licensing requirements of the State of Qatar
- Ability to develop effective relationships with a range of stakeholders internally and externally
Qualifications/ Specialisation - as per the client's requirements.
A full job description available upon request.
Benefits- Highly competitive package including a Tax free salary + benefits. Full details of the package will be discussed directly.
Please note the targeted start date for the position is dependent on the current timeline for the project. Likewise, the processing of licensing
- Full time
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff
Posted 21 Nov 2016
Closes 19 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Health care administration