Clinical Staff Pharmacist - Ambulatory Services
Our client is an ultramodern, all-digital academic medical centre specialising in the provision of care for women and children. Based in Qatar, our client will focus on world-class patient care, medical education and biomedical research.
We are recruiting for a Clinical Staff Pharmacist to work within the Ambulatory Services Department.
The Clinical Staff Pharmacist: Ambulatory Care is responsible for the oversight of pharmacy dispensing processes and the consultation of patients. The staff pharmacist has oversight of pharmacy technicians as well as supports the pharmacy manager ensuring the maintenance of efficient pharmacy operations, customer satisfaction and regulatory compliance. In addition to any responsibilities, otherwise outlined in the job description or elsewhere, the staff pharmacist has responsibility for complying with rules governing the role of a pharmacist as issued by Qatar.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Reviews patients' medication orders for efficacy and safety, and makes recommendations to physician if changes are required.
- Provides medication information to healthcare professionals, including but not limited to physicians and nurses.
- Verifies medication orders for accuracy and clinical appropriateness, checks medications prepared by Pharmacy Technicians for accuracy prior to dispensing and notifies appropriate persons if changes are required.
- Provides medication counseling to patients and families
- Analyzes the patient medical history and checks for any drug allergies or reactions.
- Analyzes and reports adverse drug reactions and recommends prevention methods for future issues.
- Verifies medication orders for accuracy and clinical appropriateness
- Checks medications prepared by Pharmacy Technicians for accuracy prior to dispensing
- Precepts pharmacy students and pharmacy residents
- Must have the ability to work with others in a multidisciplinary team.
- Creates needed policy and procedures for ambulatory pharmacy
- Follows established policies, procedures and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards
- Knowledge of insurance and third-party billing systems
- Manages inventory in the pharmacy to ensure adequate stock is always available
- Supervises Pharmacy Technician during the assigned shift
- Adheres to the standards as they appear in the Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies
- BSc - Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy/BPharm or M.Sc., Master of Science in Pharmacy/MPharm
- All degrees must have been obtained from an ACPE accredited college of Pharmacy or equivalent.
- 3+years' experience as a licensed/registered clinical Pharmacist after graduation from primary degree in a recognized pediatric/women's hospital in North America or equivalent in UK, Republic of Ireland, EU States, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand.
- 5+ years' experience as a licensed/registered clinical Pharmacist after graduation from primary degree in a recognized pediatric/women's hospital in Middle East or GCC.
- Ambulatory professionals requires 5+ years Pharmacy experience in a high volume retail hospital pharmacy experience in Middle East or GCC after Primary Degree qualification
- Licensed in Pharmacy in country of origin
- Obtain State of Qatar Pharmacy License after on boarding.
- Excellent clinical knowledge as it pertains to medication and disease management
- Demonstrated ability to work with Pharmacy Information Systems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Qualifications/ Specialisation - as per the client's requirements.
A full job description available upon request.
Benefits- Highly competitive package including a Tax free salary + benefits. Full details ofthe package will be discussed directly.
Please note the targeted start date for the position is dependent on the current timeline for the project. Likewise, the processing of licensing (if applicable)/ visas etc. also need to be considered. We will advise candidates specifically when we discuss the opportunity.
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 21 Nov 2016
Closes 19 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Pharmacist