Technologist - EP / EMG
Our client is an ultramodern, all-digital academic medical centre specialising in the provision of care for women and children. Based in Qatar, our client will focus on world-class patient care, medical education and biomedical research.
We are recruiting for a Technologist - EP / EMG.
The Technologist - EP/ EMG performs routine and portable evoked potential, nerve conduction and electromyographic exams on pediatric inpatients and outpatients. This includes documenting patient histories, proper electrode application, identifying and resolving artifact in the recording, correctly identifying responses and placing cursors for measurement, and preparing preliminary reports. She/he integrates evidence based medicine into their methods, participates in continuing education and assists in clinical research projects. The Technologist - EP/ EMG conducts their recordings according to best practices and policy while being sensitive to the demands of working in a pediatric environment.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for obtaining artifact-free Neurodiagnostic studies
- Performs varied and complex Neurodiagnostic tests according to physician orders.
- Uses skilled interactions with pediatric and neonatal in- and outpatients.
- Utilizes evidence-based standards and solutions in performing patient care and applies problem solving techniques.
- Reports equipment failures, safety and security issues, and/or reduction of supply inventory.
- Considers safety, effectiveness, cost, and impact on practice in planning patient care.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships and solicits input from physicians and other healthcare personnel to ensure optimal patient care.
- Participates in the integration and evaluation of research into practice.
- Assists in relevant clinical research projects
- Utilizes patient care processes and clinical information systems to ensure standardized patient care.
- Maintains technical skills, certification and collaborates with clinical educators for continuing education.
- Participates in commissioning activities as required.
- Follows all organizational policies and procedures.
- Adheres to the standards as they appear in the Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies.
- Bachelor's degree in Applied Science
- 2+ Years Relevant Experience
- Evidence of ongoing continuing education post qualification in EMG
- Valid R. EP or equivalent License/Certification in Country of Origin
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Troubleshooting knowledge and can solve technical challenges independently and quickly
- The ability to calculate, quantifies, qualify, use initiative and judgment to read and interpret data
- Careful attention to detail and ability to record observations in acute and emergent situations
- Manual dexterity for electrode placement and machine operation
- Spatial orientation for electrode placement, equipment set up and data assessment
- Familiarity with TJC, JCI and other accreditation organizations
- Ability to use search engines and data bases for internet research
- Confidence learning new software and equipment
- Proficiency with Windows and Microsoft Office, and Excel
Qualifications/ Specialisation - as per the client's requirements.
A full job description available upon request.
Benefits- Highly competitive package including a Tax free salary + benefits. Full details of the package will be discussed directly.
Please note the targeted start date for the position is dependent on the current timeline for the project. Likewise, the processing of licensing (if applicable)/ visas etc. also need to be considered. We will advise candidates specifically when we discuss the opportunity.
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 21 Nov 2016
Closes 19 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Radiography, Sonography