Senior Technician - Sterile Processing
Our client is an ultramodern, all-digital academic medical centre specialising in the provision of care for women and children. Based in Qatar, our client will focus on world-class patient care, medical education and biomedical research.
We are recruiting for a Senior Technician to work within the Sterile Processing Department.
The Senior Technician coordinates and monitors the activities in the reprocessing of reusable medical devices and case cart picking, and performs problem-solving within parameters set out by the Nurse Manager, including those related to the malfunction of the reprocessing equipment. Senior Technician ensures established processes and procedures are followed by the technicians and acts as an information resource in all aspects of the reprocessing of medical devices. The Senior Technician liaises with the Surgical Procedure areas to ensure a smooth and timely flow of equipment and medical devices required for procedures. The Senior Technician monitors the use of SPD consumables and makes recommendations on cost saving. The Senior Technician is involved in the maintenance of inventory.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Solves critical problems and makes decisions including the prioritization of instrument reprocessing in order to meet surgical requirements
- Processes and supplies sterile goods and equipment to all areas within the hospital, including decontamination, gleaning, packing, sterilizing, storing, and distribution
- Maintains appropriate supplies used in the process of sterilizing items for use in the hospital and any other institution or organization deemed appropriate by the administrative staff
- Reports any supply not readily available to appropriate parties for replenishment
- Distributes needed supplies and equipment throughout the hospital and affiliates as ordered
- Follows all department policies and procedures when distributing supplies and equipment
- Keeps assigned areas clean, organized, and fully stocked with necessary supplies
- Collects and cleans soiled equipment and machines, and maintains clean carts and shelves on floors, utilizing appropriate protective equipment and attire
- Assists the Nurse Manager and infection control professionals on educating staff to adhere to hospital and departmental policy and procedures
- Ensures all workplace safety incidents are documented and reported
- Performs the functions of a Technician when required
- Deals with customer services complaints
- Contributes in establishing and reviewing method and work performance standards for reprocessing and storage of medical devices and picking of surgical case carts
- Participates in all aspects of data management, quality assurance processes and acts as super user of the TDoc software
- Educates new staff in departmental standardization to follow best practice
- Vocational/Technical qualification in a relevant field
- 5+ years' experience as a SPD technician in a large complex hospital environment
- 2+ years in senior or supervisory role in a large complex hospital environment
- SPD course recognized by a minimum 3 months; Or considerable experience plus certification deemed equivalent by SPD management team
- Demonstrated thorough understanding of aseptic techniques including cleaning, assembling, packaging, sterilizing, storage and delivery of sterilized products
- Demonstrated knowledge or processes involved in a case cart system
- Demonstrated understanding of the functions of reprocessing equipment such as washer disinfector, ultrasonic and sterilizers
- Experience as SPD technician in GCC or Middle East large comparable Hospital.
Qualifications/ Specialisation - as per the client's requirements.
A full job description available upon request.
Benefits- Highly competitive package including a Tax free salary + benefits. Full details of the package will be discussed directly.
Please note the targeted start date for the position is dependent on the current timeline for the project. Likewise, the processing of licensing (if applicable)/ visas etc. also need to be considered. We will advise candidates specifically when we discuss the opportunity.
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 21 Nov 2016
Closes 19 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Sterile services