Manager - Neurodiagnostic Laboratory
Our client is an ultramodern, all-digital academic medical centre specialising in the provision of care for women and children. Based in Qatar, our client will focus on world-class patient care, medical education and biomedical research.
We are recruiting for a Manager to work within the Neurodiagnostic Laboratory Department.
- The Manager - Neurodiagnostic Lab coordinates the activities of the Neurodiagnostic Laboratory and is responsible for the development and implementation of policies and procedures in these areas. Responsible for unit operations and staff competency, the Manager - Neurodiagnostic Lab demonstrates professional planning leadership in patient care delivery.
- Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Participates as required in the recruitment, interviewing and selection of Neurodiagnostic staff
- Provides leadership and direction in accordance with organizational and departmental goals and objectives
- Responsible for the completion of regular performance evaluations for team members
- Conducts evaluations for new staff prior to completion of probationary period
- Plans for safe staffing patterns, while meeting the patient's need for continuity of care and level of care
- Collaborates with ancillary services in adhering to international standards to ensure a safe, clean and secure environment for patients, staff and visitors
- Manages expenditure and provides appropriate reports to the Division Administrator - Neurology
- Manages the utilization of Neurodiagnostic equipment and supplies
- Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost, and impact on practice in patient care and implements changes for improvement
- Establishes and maintains working relationships and solicits input from physicians and other healthcare personnel to ensure optimal patient care
- Participates in quality improvement planning, including utilization of key performance indicators (KPI's)
- Maintains Neurodiagnostic clinical skills
- Collaborates with clinical educators in evaluation of staff and patient education
- Integrates research findings into practice planning and, where appropriate, participates in the generation of new knowledge
- Participates in commissioning activities as required
- Masters in related field
- 5+ years Electroneurodiagnostic Management experience.
- Registration by ABRET in EEG, CNIM, or EP, in country of origin.
- Certification in BLS, NRP, PALS in country of origin
- Demonstrated ability in Managing a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated ability in organizing data and generating thorough, accurate, timely reports
- Experience with clinical Information systems either as an end user, super user or build contributor.
- Ability to use search engines and data bases for internet research
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Qualifications/ Specialisation - as per the client's requirements.
A full job description available upon request.
Benefits- Highly competitive package including a Tax free salary + benefits. Full details of the package will be discussed directly.
Please note the targeted start date for the position is dependent on the current timeline for the project. Likewise, the processing of licensing (if applicable)/ visas etc. also need to be considered. We will advise candidates specifically when we discuss the opportunity.
- Full time
- Job Level
Posted 21 Nov 2016
Closes 19 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Laboratory