Technician - Sterile Processing (CSSD)
Our client is an ultramodern, all-digital academic medical centre specialising in the provision of care for women and children. Based in Qatar, our client will focus on world-class patient care, medical education and biomedical research.
We are recruiting for a Technician - Sterile Processing (CSSD).
The Technician under the Sterile Processing (CSSD) reprocesses all reusable instrumentation (flexible endoscopes etc.) which includes disassembly of the instrument, decontamination, inspection, assembly, packaging and sterilization. The Technician also picks consumable supplies for surgical procedures and assembles them along with the instrumentation into the case cart.
Roles and Responsibiliites:
- Responsible for rotating through the reprocessing unit that cleans and high level disinfects flexible scopes in the Endoscopy Suite area of Special Procedures
- Responsible for transportation of sterile goods to and return of contaminated goods from the clinical areas
- Responsible for sterile assurance practices and protocols and maintains a high level of diligence in delivery of safe patient goods
- Receives, fills and delivers urgent and routine requests for medical devices, supplies, and equipment as required
- Solves critical problems and resolves issues with supply and demand of stock levels
- Ensures that staff members adhere to hospital and departmental policy and procedures
- Deals with services complaints in a professional manner
- Participates in all aspects of quality assurance processes and acts as a user of the TDoc software
- Performs internal audits as required
- Follows departmental policies and procedures; provides input into policy review and revision process
- High School Diploma
- 2+ years' experience as an SPD/CSSD Technician in large medical center
- Case cart experience
- SPD/CSSD course recognized of a minimum 3 months or experience plus certification deemed equivalent by SPD management team
- Endoscopy processing experience
- Demonstrates understanding and has a working knowledge of Materials Management, and issues related to utilizing Manufacturer's instructions for use
- Demonstrates use of Standards in care, handling and storage of sterile goods
- Demonstrated thorough understanding of aseptic techniques including cleaning, assembling, packaging, sterilizing, storage and delivery of sterilized products
- Demonstrated knowledge or processes involved in a case cart system
- Demonstrated understanding of the functions of reprocessing equipment such as washer disinfector, ultrasonic and sterilizers in relation to instrument and medical device reprocessing
Qualifications/ Specialisation - as per the client's requirements.
A full job description available upon request.
Benefits- Highly competitive package including a Tax free salary + benefits. Full details of the package will be discussed directly.
Please note the targeted start date for the position is dependent on the current timeline for the project. Likewise, the processing of licensing (if applicable)/ visas etc. also need to be considered. We will advise candidates specifically when we discuss the opportunity.
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 21 Nov 2016
Closes 19 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Sterile services