Senior Paediatric Physiotherapist
Our client is an ultramodern, all-digital academic medical centre specialising in the provision of care for women and children. Based in Qatar, our client will focus on world-class patient care, medical education and biomedical research.
We are recruiting for a Senior Paediatric Physiotherapist.
The Supervisor - Physical Therapy is responsible for leading and demonstrating the provision of safe, patient and family focused quality care. The incumbent is a key member of the interprofessional team and ensures that standards for Physical Therapy care are adhered to at service level. He/ She works collaboratively with the Manager - Physical Therapy to ensure that commissioning, recruitment, onboarding, orientation and service activation responsibilities are carried out in accordance with the hospitals plans and timelines.
- Serves as a professional and role model for staff and is an advocate for patients and their families demonstrating behaviors consistent with the organizational/education competency framework, values, policies, procedures and guidelines
- Participates in planning and program direction in accordance with organizational and departmental goals and objectives
- Provides supervision and guidance to staff ensuring that all care is provided in accordance with Divisional Core Standards and established policies and procedures
- Evaluates and ensures that individualized discharge planning needs are assessed on admission
- Ensures an interprofessional approach to facilitate a timely discharge or transfer to the next level of care or home
- Ensures safe patient care by making patient assignments based on patient acuity and skill mix
- Evaluates and ensures that clinical documentation, diagnoses and plans of care are integrated and effective in delivering an individual plan of care
- Promotes a safe environment and safe patient care by embracing a safety culture and identifying areas of risk
- Demonstrates an understanding of evidence-based healthcare methodology and its ability to positively impact patient outcomes
- Participates in the integration and evaluation of research into practice
- Utilizes outcome measures to evaluate effectiveness of care through the review of data and the questioning of inconsistencies
- Works towards the achievement of agreed key performance indicators for self and unit
- Identifies patient care issues and/or strategies to improve and positively impact on the quality of care and patient outcomes
- Collaborates with the Physical Therapy Manager and Clinical Educators in planning, implementation and evaluation of patient/family and staff education
- Applies problem solving techniques and evidence based solutions to service related issues
- Evaluates and ensures appropriate escalation of issues to meet patient/family/staff needs and resolve conflicts
- Communicates effectively and efficiently with patients, families and colleagues, addresses patient/family complaints immediately and assists in the investigation of written complaints
- Ensures the effective orientation, precepting and support of new staff and students
- Provides a welcoming work environment and monitors and tracks individuals' progress
- Bachelor's degree in Physical Therapy / Physical Therapy
- 7+ years of experience as a Physical Therapist inclusive of 2+ years supervisory experience in specialty area in a North American Academic Institution, or equivalent in UK, Republic of Ireland, EU states, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand
- Valid Professional license as a Physical Therapist in the country of origin
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and motivate teams to meet care objectives
- Demonstrated ability to delegate, supervise, and evaluate the performance of clinical interventions
- Demonstrated ability to design, coordinate and evaluate plans of care
- Demonstrated ability to apply and integrate knowledge and skills into practice
- Demonstrated ability to use risk analysis tools to anticipate safety risks
- Demonstrated ability to access, critique, and analyze information sources
Qualifications/ Specialisation - as per the client's requirements.
A full job description available upon request.
Benefits- Highly competitive package including a Tax free salary + benefits. Full details of the package will be discussed directly.
Please note the targeted start date for the position is dependent on the current timeline for the project. Likewise, the processing of licensing (if applicable)/ visas etc. also need to be considered. We will advise candidates specifically when we discuss the opportunity.
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 21 Nov 2016
Closes 19 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Physiotherapy