Clinical Specialist - Hand Therapy
Waterlooville, Hampshire, England
BMI Healthcare is Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Clinical Specialist - Hand Therapist to join their team of staff in the Hand Therapy department. This role would be based across any of our hospitals in the London Region.
This is a part time role for 30 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council
* Registered with the College of Occupational Therapists or Chartered Society of Physiotherapists as appropriate
* Membership of the British Association of Hand Therapists
* Postgraduate hand therapy experience
* Experience working as a cross skilled therapist (OT, PT and nursing roles)
* To demonstrate a specialist knowledge across the range of work procedures and practices underpinned by theoretical knowledge and clinical reasoning or relevant practical experience.
Duties of this role include:
* To provide hand therapy assessment and treatment with sound clinical reasoning to a high standard of excellence.
* To undertake all aspects of clinical duties as an autonomous practitioner.
* To promote a professional and caring environment, and contribute to the success of the upper limb services, the hospital and BMI Healthcare.
* As part of the hand therapy team to assist Upper Limb Services Manager in the day-to-day organisation and development of the Upper Limb Services for BMI Healthcare.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
* BMI Healthcare Scheme
* Childcare Vouchers
* Staff Pension Scheme
* 25 days holiday per annum
* Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 30000 - 40000 Per year
- Part time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 21 Nov 2016
Closes 19 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Physiotherapy