Pathology Sciences Manager
Our client is an ultramodern, all-digital academic medical centre specialising in the provision of care for women and children. Based in Qatar, our client will focus on world-class patient care, medical education and biomedical research.
We are recruiting for a Manager in Pathology Sciences.
The Manager will oversee the commissioning of the department of Pathology Sciences. This will involve the commissioning of equipment, IT systems, recruitment, on-boarding and training of staff, and preparing policies and procedures in accordance with CAP-ISO15189 and JCI. The Operations Manager - Pathology Sciences will be part of a team of Biomedical Scientists/Technologists delivering high quality services, and will have operational oversight within the department, the Operations Manager - Pathology Sciences will be the professional lead in their area responsible for providing expert advice to service users. The post holder will have overall responsibility for the management of their department's resources including equipment, communication, education, training and development of staff (including his/her own professional development), Health and Safety and Quality.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Managing the Services
- Provides professional and scientific management for the services within the portfolio. Works towards standardization and integration, ensuring that staff are aware of changes and developments
- Responsible for ensuring that all incidents are reported and investigated, trends noted, and preventative strategies implemented. Deals with complaints in a sensitive and helpful manner
- Works with the Laboratory Director and Clinical Leads to develop robust systems for risk assessment for all activities within the department. Is responsible for ensuring that the system is implemented and monitors success. Identifies resource requirements and informs the Laboratory Director
- Responsible for the recruitment and retention of staff of a sufficient educational level
- Responsible for ensuring comprehensive integrated workforce planning and appropriate staffing and skill mix levels to deliver the corporate and departmental service plans
- Be appraised annually by the Laboratory Director, and cascade appraise to other staff to ensure 100% appraisal is achieved within the department each year
- Ensures staff attend mandatory training and updates to achieve 100% compliance annually
- Ensures full compliance with HR policies on sickness and absence monitoring
- Holds the day-to-day delegated responsibility for management of the department budgets
- Reviews test repertoire to ensure value for money and sources cost effective providers for high cost/low volume investigations
- Sets out, and is responsible for delivering a strategy on any cost savings requested, and to monitor and report outcomes to the Laboratory Director
- Attends the Clinical laboratories meetings to represent the specialties managed
A full job description is available upon request.
- Bachelor's Degree in Biomedical Science/Clinical laboratory Technologist with HPC/MT or FIBMS
- 7+ years experience in a large hospital environment in a North American Academic Institution or equivalent in UK, Republic of Ireland, EU States, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand, working as an Operational Manager Chief Technologist in Pathology Sciences
- Recent experience in LIMS build for Pathology Sciences
- Demonstrated knowledge of ISO 15189/CPA/CAP/JCI standards and guidelines
- Evidence of continual professional development
- Experience in staff management
- Experience in evaluating new technologies
- Experience in commissioning new equipment and services
Benefits- Highly competitive package including a Tax free salary in Qatar + benefits. Full details of the package will be discussed directly.
Please note the targeted start date for the position is dependent on the current timeline for the project. Likewise, the processing of licensing (if applicable)/ visas etc. also need to be considered. We will advise candidates specifically when we discuss the opportunity
- Full time
- Job Level
Posted 21 Nov 2016
Closes 19 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Laboratory