Assistant - Child Life Services
Our client is an ultramodern, all-digital academic medical centre specialising in the provision of care for women and children. Based in Qatar, our client will focus on world-class patient care, medical education and biomedical research.
We are recruiting for a Assistant - Child Life Services.
The Assistant - Child Life Services assumes responsibility for direct and indirect patient care activities as delegated and/ or supervised by a Child Life Specialist. As an active member of the patient care team, the Child Life Assistant supports the Child Life Specialist with patient support, activities, and education as appropriate, incorporating the principles of family-centered care.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Under the clinical supervision of the Child Life Specialist (I & II), the Child Life Assistant is responsible to assist the Child Life Specialist in meeting psycho social and developmental needs of children and families to reduce the stress and anxiety accompanying hospitalization and other health care encounters
- Assist in providing a program of individual and group play and therapeutic activities for children
- Enhances the quality of care through observation and communication with members of the health care team
- Assists with record keeping, maintenance of equipment and supplies, and general patient care needs
- Prepares and maintains a safe, inviting, and developmentally responsive play environment appropriate for patients and families
- Assists in the implementation of therapeutic programs designed to meet the physical, emotional, social and cognitive needs of hospitalized children
- Establishes and maintains therapeutic relationships with children and families
- Facilitates structured group activities to foster peer interaction and socialization
- Assists with activities for special occasions and holidays
- Acts as a team member to achieve family centered care
- Integrates families into child life programming
- Provides ongoing information to families about services available
- Assists Child Life Specialist in identifying and providing services to meet the developmental and emotional needs of siblings
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility in the use of all resources
- Assists with special projects intended to support family centered care as appropriate
- Advocates for the needs of children and families while performing duties in play and activity rooms
- Associate's degree or diploma in Child Life, Child Development, early childhood/ elementary education, nursery nurse, or related field
- 2+ years' experience directly working with children and families in a variety of settings (schools, daycares, camps, etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge of Child Life Specialist principles and practices
- Demonstrated ability to apply and integrate knowledge and skills into practice
- Demonstrates ability to work independently, following directions of Supervisor
- Demonstrates family-centered care
- Demonstrated ability to organize time and manage fluctuating clinical responsibilities
- Evidence of effective oral and written communication skills
- Effective team member
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Qualifications/ Specialisation - as per the client's requirements.
A full job description available upon request.
Benefits- Highly competitive package including a Tax free salary + benefits. Full details of the package will be discussed directly.
Please note the targeted start date for the position is dependent on the current timeline for the project. Likewise, the processing of licensing (if applicable)/ visas etc. also need to be considered. We will advise candidates specifically when we discuss the opportunity.
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 21 Nov 2016
Closes 19 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Psychology