Our client is an ultramodern, all-digital academic medical centre specialising in the provision of care for women and children. Based in Qatar, our client will focus on world-class patient care, medical education and biomedical research.
We are recruiting for a Senior Radiographer.
The Diagnostic Imaging Service offers a comprehensive range of routine and advanced Diagnostic Imaging procedures for women and children, equipped with state-of-the-art technology in a completely digital imaging environment. The Diagnostic Imaging department is made up of the following services, delivered in accordance with best practice standards whilst being driven by 'clinical evidence' methodologies, in a patient-centred environment: General Radiography, Fluoroscopy, Mammography, Bone Mineral Densitometry, Ultrasound, Interventional Radiology, Intraoperative MRI, CT, Nuclear medicine, PET/CT.
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary imaging team, the Technologist - Radiography, under the direction of the Manager - Radiography and Supervisor - Radiography, performs the operational activities pertaining to the Radiography imaging services to ensure delivery of a high quality Diagnostic imaging service. The Radiography imaging service provides inpatient and outpatient Radiography procedures on paediatric and adult patients on a referral basis and medical research. Through the production of high quality images, the Technologist - Radiography are responsible to ensure a high standard of service is continually provided to all patients, parents and other hospital staff as prescribed in the patient care and facility standards.
- Works independently, performs all routine and specialized Radiography procedures, and associated responsibilities, as dictated by the workload in the rostered area. Plan, prioritize and organize Radiography workload, ensuring the necessary patient care is provided to patients of all ages.
- Acts independently in the assessment of referrals for Radiography examinations, taking full responsibility to reduce unnecessary ionizing radiation exposure of patients and utilizing skills to assess a patient's condition, often acute, decide on an appropriate method to obtain a diagnostic image from a range of options
- Participates in standby and on call roster systems for the Diagnostic Imaging service, in imaging areas appropriate to training and qualifications, as designated by senior staff.
- Adheres to departmental and applicable organizational policies, procedures and regulations relevant to the Radiography patient care team. Maintains accurate and concise records of all imaging received by the patient using the appropriate systems.
- Supports the Supervisor - Radiography to manage and maintain a high level of expertise and reducing faults/issues effectively to guarantee the safe operations of the Radiography equipment, ensuring an efficient flow and optimal utilization of resources.
A full job description is available upon request.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Medical Imaging.
- Post Graduate degree in medical imaging required if base degree not in medical imaging/Radiography.
- 5+ years clinical experience in diagnostic Radiography imaging in a North American Academic Institution or equivalent in the UK, Republic of Ireland, EU States, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand.
- ARDMS/ARRT/CAMRT/HPC certification or an equivalent licensing/accreditation board as a radiographer.
- Current License in country of origin as Radiography Technologist.
- Management/leadership/ training diploma certification or course attendance.
- Post graduate course/education in mammography and/or BMD.
- Experience at a dedicated paediatric medical imaging facility.
- Knowledge and clinical experience in paediatric Radiography protocols and procedures.
- Delivery of departmental clinical/technical training programs.
- Post graduate certificate mammography and/or BMD recognised by the ARRT/CAMRT/HPC or an equivalent licensing/accreditation board.
Benefits- Highly competitive package including a Tax free salary in Qatar + benefits. Full details of the package will be discussed directly.
Please note the targeted start date for the position is dependent on the current timeline for the project. Likewise, the processing of licensing (if applicable)/ visas etc. also need to be considered. We will advise candidates specifically when we discuss the opportunity.
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 21 Nov 2016
Closes 19 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Radiography