Our client is an ultramodern, all-digital academic medical centre specialising in the provision of care for women and children. Based in Qatar, our client will focus on world-class patient care, medical education and biomedical research.
We are recruiting for a Sonographer.
Reports directly to Supervisor - Ultrasound.
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary imaging team, the Sonographer, under the supervision of the Ultrasound Supervisor, performs the operational activities pertaining to the ultrasound imaging services to ensure delivery of a high quality Diagnostic imaging service. The ultrasound imaging service provides inpatient and outpatient diagnostic and interventional ultrasound procedures on pediatric and adult patients on a referral basis and medical research. The Ultrasound Technologist - Obs is responsible for the supervision of the junior technologists and students within the service to ensure the continuity of service delivery. Through the production of high quality images, the Ultrasound Technologist - Obs is responsible to ensure a high standard of service is continually provided to all patients, parents and other hospital staff as prescribed in the patient care and facility standards.
Roles and Responsibilties:
- Supervises Technologist I - Ultrasound and Students As Directed
- Working Independently, Performs All Routine and Specialized Ultrasound Procedures, And Associated Responsibilities, As Dictated By The Workload In The Rostered Area
- Contributes To The Planning, Prioritization And Organizing Of The Ultrasound Workload For A Designated Section Of The Ultrasound Service Ensuring The Necessary Patient Care Is Provided To Patients Of All Ages
- Acts Independently In The Assessment Of Referrals For Ultrasound Examinations, Taking Full Responsibility To Ensure Evidence-Based Standards Of Practice With Ultrasound Imaging Are Applied To The Examination.
Full job description is available upon requested.
- BSc in Medical Imaging.
- Post-graduate qualification required if base degree is not within the ultrasound field.
- 5 years relevant experience in a North American Academic Institution or equivalent in UK, Republic of Ireland, EU States, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand.
- Eligible for registration with the ARRT/CMPRT/HCPC or an equivalent licensing/accreditation board as an Ultrasound Technologist.
- Licensed in country of origin as Ultrasound Technologist.
- Eligible for licensure as an Ultrasound Technologist in the State of Qatar.
Job Specific Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated extensive functional knowledge and clinical experience in Ultrasound
- Demonstrated knowledge of Radiology Information Systems (RIS) and Picture Archiving Communications Systems (PACS).
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Joint Commission and Joint Commission International accreditation standards and radiation safety guidelines
- Demonstrated strong analytical and decision making skills
- Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Evidence of ongoing continual professional development
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Pediatric and/or Obgyn Ultrasound techniques
Highly competitive package including a Tax free salary in Qatar + benefits. Full details of the package will be discussed directly.
Please note the targeted start date for the position is dependent on the current timeline for the project. Likewise, the processing of licensing (if applicable)/ visas etc. also need to be considered. We will advise candidates specifically when we discuss the opportunity.
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 21 Nov 2016
Closes 19 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Sonography