Consultant Doctor in Histopathology/Cytopathology - Northampton
Northampton, Northamptonshire, England
We are currently seeking experienced locum Consultant Histopathologist/Cytopathologists for immediate placement in the Northampton area. We have multiple positions available and can offer full and part time hours to suit your needs.
Core duties would include:
- Contribute to the histology, cytopathology (non-gynae) and consented hospital autopsy workload of the department.
- Take responsibility for leading the pathology contribution to one or more cancer multidisciplinary team meetings.
- Provide cover, with the other consultant histopathologists, for annual, study and professional leave.
- Provide a consultation and advisory service to medical colleagues and other professional groups within the trust.
- Liaise with medical staff and clinical teams in other specialities, participate in the regular clinical and multidisciplinary team meetings, and other postgraduate activities of the trust.
- Participate in the teaching, audit and other professional activities of the department.
- Participate in departmental and trust clinical governance programmes and provide evidence of appraisal and revalidation.
- Participate in the Royal College of Pathologists' continuing professional development (CPD) programme, or equivalent.
- You must be a qualified doctor with GMC registration or in progress of registering.
- Valid medical degree
- Opportunities with more NHS hospitals than any other agency
- Excellent pay rates
- Daily Payroll
- Free BLS & PLS course
- 24 hour support service
- Excellent relocation package available
- Potential for family friendly flexible hours to meet your needs
- Discounted CPD accredited courses
- Dedicated, experienced, supportive and friendly consultants
- Plenty of Locum shifts for you to choose from; we will no doubt be able to support you in fulfilling your diary.
- Excellent support to progress clinically with new interests.
- Lucrative referral bonuses.
- Hourly locum rate to accommodate Limited company.
- Fast Track registration and compliance with dedicated one-to-one support from an expert medical consultant.
- Routine employee recognition and appreciation
- A culture that is supportive, accommodating and rewarding
- In-house clinical support team
We constantly have vacancies across all departments - we're sure to have something that is right for you.
Plus, the ID Medical Refer & Earn scheme allows you to earn extra money by referring friends, colleagues or family to us for a suitable medical solution.
About ID Medical
From its headquarters in Milton Keynes as well as its Central London office, award-winning ID Medical is the leading independent supplier of superior quality locum doctors, nurses, allied health professionals and primary care staff, supplying over 5 million hours to the NHS per annum. ID Medical was formed in 2002, holding preferred supplier contracts with more than 90% of NHS hospitals and private medical sector organisations. If you are looking for a rewarding career, join us at ID Medical and help us transform the lives of the people who use our service for the better.
The ID Medical Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Follow our twitter page IDMedicalJobs to keep up to date with the latest jobs from ID Medical.
- £ 85 - 100 Per hour
- Full time
- Bank, Contract, Permanent, Temporary
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Manager, Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 20 Nov 2016
Closes 18 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Doctor