Paediatric Ultrasound Sonographer
Our client is an ultramodern, all-digital academic medical centre specialising in the provision of care for women and children. Based in Qatar, our client will focus on world-class patient care, medical education and biomedical research.
We are recruiting for a Paediatric Sonographer to join the Diagnostic Imaging Service.
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary imaging team, the Paediatric Ultrasound Sonographer, under the supervision of the Manager - Ultrasound, performs the operational activities pertaining to the ultrasound imaging services to ensure delivery of a high quality Diagnostic imaging service. The ultrasound imaging service provides inpatient and outpatient diagnostic and interventional ultrasound procedures on paediatric patients on a referral basis and conducts medical research. Through the production of high quality images, the Technologist - Ultrasound Paeds is responsible to ensure a high standard of service is continually provided to all patients, parents and other hospital staff as prescribed in the patient care and facility standards.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Working independently, performs all routine and specialized Ultrasound procedures, and associated responsibilities, as dictated by the workload in the rostered area. Plans, prioritizes and organizes Ultrasound workload, ensuring the necessary patient care is provided to patients of all ages
- Acts independently in the assessment of referrals for Ultrasound examinations, taking full responsibility to reduce unnecessary ionizing radiation exposure of patients and utilizing skills to assess a patient's condition, often acute, decide on an appropriate method to obtain a diagnostic image from a range of options
- Participates in standby and on call roster systems for the Diagnostic Imaging service, in imaging areas appropriate to training and qualifications, as designated by senior staff.
- Provides support and relief for department manager as required
A full job description is available upon request.
- BSc in Medical Imaging or equivalent - specific requirements regarding qualifications can be discussed with us directly
- Post Graduate qualification required if base degree is not within the ultrasound field
- 5+ Years Relevant Experience in a North American Academic Institution or equivalent in UK, Republic of Ireland, EU States, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand
- Eligible for registration with the ARRT/CAMRT/HCPC or an equivalent licensing/accreditation board as an Ultrasound technologist
- Licensed in country of origin as Ultrasound technologist
- Eligible for licensure as an Ultrasound technologist in the State of Qatar
- Demonstrated extensive functional knowledge and clinical experience in Ultrasound
- Demonstrated knowledge of Radiology Information Systems (RIS) and Picture Archiving Communications Systems (PACS).
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Joint Commission and Joint Commission International accreditation standards and radiation safety guidelines
Benefits- Highly competitive package including a Tax free salary in Qatar + benefits. Full details of the package will be discussed directly.
Please note the targeted start date for the position is dependent on the current timeline for the project. Likewise, the processing of licensing (if applicable)/ visas etc. also need to be considered. We will advise candidates specifically when we discuss the opportunity.
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 18 Nov 2016
Closes 16 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Sonography