Technologist - MRI
Our client is an ultramodern, all-digital academic medical centre specialising in the provision of care for women and children. Based in Qatar, our client will focus on world-class patient care, medical education and biomedical research.
We are recruiting for an MRI Technologist.
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary imaging team, the MRI Technologist, under the supervision of the Supervisor - MRI, performs the operational activities pertaining to the MRI imaging services to ensure delivery of a high quality Diagnostic imaging service. The MRI imaging service provides inpatient and outpatient MRI procedures on paediatric and adult patients on a referral basis and medical research. Through the production of high quality images, the Technologist - MRI ensures that a high standard of service is continually provided to all patients, parents and other hospital staff as prescribed in the patient care and facility standards.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Working independently, performs all routine and specialized MRI procedures, and associated responsibilities, as dictated by the workload in the rostered area. Plans, prioritizes and organizes MRI workload, ensuring the necessary patient care is provided to patients of all ages
- Acts independently in the assessment of referrals for MRI examinations, taking full responsibility to reduce unnecessary ionizing radiation exposure of patients and utilizing skills to assess a patient's condition, often acute, decides on an appropriate method to obtain a diagnostic image from a range of options
- Participates in standby and on call roster systems for the Diagnostic Imaging service, in imaging areas appropriate to training and qualifications, as designated by senior staff.
- Provides support and relief for department supervisors as required
- Adheres to departmental and applicable organizational policies, procedures and regulations relevant to the MRI patient care team. Maintains accurate and concise records of all imaging received by the patient using the appropriate systems
- Supports the Supervisor - MRI to manage and maintain a high level of expertise and reducing faults/issues effectively to guarantee the safe operations of the MRI equipment, ensuring an efficient flow and optimal utilization of resources
A full job description is available upon request.
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Diagnostic Imaging or equivalent
- I year post graduate qualification in MRI
- 5+ years clinical experience in MRI imaging in a North American Academic Institution or equivalent in the UK, Republic of Ireland, EU States, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand
- Eligible for registration with the ARRT/CAMRT/HCPC or an equivalent licensing/accreditation board as a radiographer
- Licensed in country of origin as a Technologist - MRI
- Eligible for licensure in the State of Qatar
- Demonstrated extensive functional knowledge and clinical experience in MRI
- Demonstrated knowledge of Radiology Information Systems (RIS) and Picture Archiving Communications Systems (PACS)
Benefits- Highly competitive package including a Tax free salary in Qatar + benefits. Full details of the package will be discussed directly.
Please note the targeted start date for the position is dependent on the current timeline for the project. Likewise, the processing of licensing (if applicable)/ visas etc. also need to be considered. We will advise candidates specifically when we discuss the opportunity.
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 18 Nov 2016
Closes 16 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Radiography