Consultant Addictions Psychiatrist (Lead Clinician)
Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, England
ID Medical is currently seeking a highly motivated Consultant Addictions Psychiatrist (Lead Clinician), who has the compassion and commitment to help the Newcastle and Middlesbrough area to deliver excellent patient care, and the highest levels of safety and quality, are the trusts are keen to identify forward thinking and highly motivated individuals to work at Stockton NHS Healthcare Centre
This position will be a full-time and permanent contract.
Newcastle is situated in the North East of England, in the metropolitan county of Tyne and Wear and the historical and traditional county of Northumberland. There are also excellent transport links with the rest of the UK and Europe via Newcastle International Airport and the East Coast Mainline Railway. The town is also served by two main arterial roads: the A66 (east/west) and the A19 (north/south). This makes it easier for the candidate to commute between both areas if necessary.
Responsibilites and duties:
Good medical care -
- To provide a clinical assessment, including relevant psychiatric and physical investigation, of a wide range of substance misusers presenting to the service.
- To liaise closely with other relevant professionals and organisations including non-statutory addiction services, adult psychiatric services, general practitioners, medical colleagues, Social Services and Prison Services
- To provide clinical advice, liaison and consultation as required to colleagues in primary care, community services and acute specialties in line with new ways of working
- Engage with people who have substance misuse problems and provide them with general healthcare and general mental health assessments and contribute to the development of individual care plans
- Support and develop the provision of GP shared care in the locality where based
- Utilise evidence-based psychosocial interventions such as motivational interviewing, cognitive behavioral techniques and brief interventions in both one-to-one and group settings to promote engagement in treatment services, encourage self-esteem, well-being, self-responsibility and enhanced motivation.
- To provide guidance and supervision as appropriate to newly appointed and less experienced medical colleagues.
This job might be for you if you have:
- Good understanding and knowledge of addiction psychiatry
- Knowledge of legislation relating to Mental Health
- An understanding of the work of other agencies including non-statutory services
- Experience of working with substance misuse and mental health issues and a clear understanding of the need for and ability to deliver quality services
- Sound and demonstrable knowledge of clinical prescribing issues
- Knowledge of the issues facing substance misusers including appropriate medical interventions, social care and health issues
- Ability to assess and care plan service users and formulate written reports as necessary
- Opportunities with more NHS hospitals than any other agency
- Excellent salary packages available
- Free BLS & PLS course
- 24 hour support service
- Excellent relocation package available
- Discounted CPD accredited courses
- Dedicated, experienced, supportive and friendly consultants
- Excellent support to progress clinically with new interests
- Lucrative referral bonuses
- Routine employee recognition and appreciation
We constantly have vacancies across all departments so if you're seeking a different role, we're sure to have something that is right for you. What's more, ID Medical's Refer & Earn scheme allows you to earn extra money by referring friends, colleagues or family to us for a suitable medical position.
About ID Medical
From its headquarters in Milton Keynes as well as its Central London office, award-winning ID Medical is the leading independent supplier of superior quality locum doctors, nurses, allied health professionals and primary care staff, supplying over 5 million hours to the NHS per annum. Founded in 2002, ID Medical holds preferred supplier contracts with more than 90% of NHS hospitals and private medical sector organisations across the UK. If you are looking for a rewarding career, join us at ID Medical and help us transform the lives of the people who use our service for the better.
ID Medical Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Follow our twitter page IDMedicalJobs to keep up to date with the latest jobs from ID Medical.
- £ 120000 - 120000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 18 Nov 2016
Closes 16 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Psychiatry