Consultant Cardiologist (NHS Grade)
Chester, Cheshire, EnglandHCL Permanent is actively looking for a Consultant Cardiologist to join a well reputed Trust located in a picturesque historical town in Cheshire, close to the border of Wales.
The successful Candidate will work within the department and have access to all the below facilities.
Facilities on site:
CT coronary angiography, nuclear imaging (myocardial perfusion scanning), dobutamine and exercise stress echocardiography, transoesophageal echocardiography as well as a dedicated cardiac catheter lab for on-site coronary angiography and cardiac pacing.
The successful candidate will have the duties and responsibilities below:
- The care of general medical emergencies referred by General Practitioners and A&E, including on call and post take ward rounds as directed by the Clinical Director (the acute medical take is negotiable)
- Ward rounds for inpatients
- Reviewing and advising on the management of inpatients referred by other specialists within the hospital
- Specialist Cardiology clinics
- Responsible for the training of Core and Speciality Trainees, Foundation doctors
- Develop Advanced Nurse Practitioners and Speciality Doctor
- Supervising Audit projects and CME
- Attend meetings both weekly and monthly
- Active contribution to the departmental Clinical Governance structure
- Multi-disciplinary team working and leadership
- Relevant participation in management
CCST/CCT in Cardiology.
Registered on the GMC Specialist Register
Or be within 6 months of obtaining CCT at time of interview
Wide clinical experience in Cardiology
Special interest in cardiac imaging, anatomical and functional
Experience in teaching
Recognised teaching skill course or qualification
Demonstrate the use of clinical audit within the service
Relevant experience in undertaking and organisation of audit
Understand importance of Management skills
Undertaken any relevant Management courses
Ability to integrate within, motivate and provide professional lead in multidisciplinary team
This is a 10 PA post (excluding on call) Salaries start from £76,001 to £102,465 pa.
The hospitals are capable of sponsoring for a tier 2 visa if required.
For more information or to apply please contact Niall Horner via email or telephone below.
[... Click Apply...]
0044 (0)[... Click Apply...]
- £ 76001 - 102465 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 16 Nov 2016
Closes 14 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Doctor