Locum Consultant Doctor in Geriatric Medicine - West Midlands
Birmingham, West Midlands, England
We are currently seeking experienced Locum Consultant Doctors with Geriatric/ Gerontology experience for immediate placement in a highly regarded University Hospital in the West Midlands. These positions are available on a full time or part time basis to suit your needs and experience.
This will be an ideal setting for a consultant geriatrician to work as part of a supportive and experienced team. There will be the option for long term contracts to be offered.
Core duties would include:
- The Consultant has a continuing responsibility for the care of patients and for the proper functioning of the wards.
- The appointee will be responsible with other professional colleagues for the provision of a comprehensive geriatric service.
- The consultant will contribute to the development of clinical expertise for the benefit of patients and the service as a whole.
- The post holder will participate in training, teaching and supervision, as applicable
- Active participation in clinical research, audit and continuing professional development will be encouraged.
- The post holder will be responsible for offering expert advice on clinical issues.
- To support the placement of students in the department and act as a clinical teacher.
- To facilitate delivery of undergraduate teaching as directed by the departmental education lead.
- To volunteer and act as an examiner at undergraduate professional examinations (IPE and Finals)
- Qualified in Geriatric Medicine
- Valid GMC registration
- We cannot accept candidates without NHS experience for this role.
Areas we cover in the West Midlands includes
- West Bromwich
- Opportunities with more NHS hospitals than any other agency
- Excellent pay rates
- Daily Payroll
- Free BLS & PLS course
- 24 hour support service
- Excellent relocation package available
- Potential for family friendly flexible hours to meet your needs
- Discounted CPD accredited courses
- Dedicated, experienced, supportive and friendly consultants
- Plenty of Locum shifts for you to choose from; we will no doubt be able to support you in fulfilling your diary.
- Excellent support to progress clinically with new interests.
- Lucrative referral bonuses.
- Hourly locum rate to accommodate Limited company.
- Fast Track registration and compliance with dedicated one-to-one support from an expert medical consultant.
- Routine employee recognition and appreciation
- A culture that is supportive, accommodating and rewarding
- In-house clinical support team
We constantly have vacancies across all departments - we're sure to have something that is right for you.
Plus, the ID Medical Refer & Earn scheme allows you to earn extra money by referring friends, colleagues or family to us for a suitable medical solution.
About ID Medical
From its headquarters in Milton Keynes as well as its Central London office, award-winning ID Medical is the leading independent supplier of superior quality locum doctors, nurses, allied health professionals and primary care staff, supplying over 5 million hours to the NHS per annum. ID Medical was formed in 2002, holding preferred supplier contracts with more than 90% of NHS hospitals and private medical sector organisations. If you are looking for a rewarding career, join us at ID Medical and help us transform the lives of the people who use our service for the better.
The ID Medical Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Follow our twitter page IDMedicalJobs to keep up to date with the latest jobs from ID Medical.
- £ 95 - 100 Per hour
- Full time
- Bank, Contract, Permanent, Temporary
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Manager, Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 15 Nov 2016
Closes 13 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Doctor